- Oak Ridge, TN
Located in Oak Ridge, TN. This position provides design, deployment, configuration, and management of UNIX, Linux, and closely related platforms (e.g. storage) and applications. Customers may be internal or external. Assesses customer needs and ensures those are met.
- Operating Systems (OS) design, installation, configuration, and maintenance support as well as subsystem/layered system product support, including maintaining solutions from EMC, Hitachi, and NetApp
- Backup and recovery of systems using technologies such as Amanda, Bacula, BackupPC, Networker
- Thorough documentation of work and implemented processes. Activities include documenting work in online documentation systems such as wikis, internal operating procedures, and/or task management systems such as ServiceNow
- System monitoring and establishing automated alerts for service availability or producing reports on service/operational level agreement metrics for service performance and availability
- System programming support such as automating tasks to reduce effort or improve reliability, debug system/environment issues, debug customer programs
- Technical assistance for service or customer problems/questions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical subjects or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience providing systems management support for infrastructure services running on a wide range of hardware, installation and patching of various operating systems and monitoring of systems for performance and availability.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing UNIX Systems is required. Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration experience required.
- Knowledge of technologies implemented in customer environment, examples include:
- Red Hat Network Satellite, Cfengine, Puppet, PXE, Kickstart, OpenLDAP
- Apache, Mysql, Postgresql, Oracle, Coldfusion, storage
- Nagios, SNMP, Check_MK, RRDtool
- Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, C, C++, Misc shells
- Excellent interpersonal skills suitable for user support and ability to work well with peer system administrators is required.
- Demonstrated capabilities to work in a dynamic environment and translate user needs into actionable project plans and see those plans through execution while balancing needs for short-term, high-priority tasks.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, in English.
To apply, please access our website, www.iiaweb.com and click on “Careers”
IIa is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.