Web Developer (Java)
- Oak Ridge, TN
This full time position is located in Oak Ridge, TN.
The Web Developer is responsible for developing new web applications and enhancing existing web applications that promote effective information transfer between business systems. The Web Developer is also responsible for identifying and implementing methods of preventing technical problems that could cause disruption to business activities and performing systems and business function analysis in support of business areas. The Web Developer implements and maintains the smooth operation and physical design of databases, conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general, and reviews database designs and the integration of systems; provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements or improvements; and maintains security and integrity controls.
- Performs all tasks associated with development including customer liaison, requirements documentation, design, construction, and maintenance.
- Performs tasks associated with web-enabled database application development and maintenance including requirements analysis, design, implementation, test, and maintenance.
- Operates and maintains existing web oriented resources and related database applications and internet services.
- Establishes system configurations, tunes systems for maximum performance, coordinates repair and maintenance activities for assigned resources and responds to user trouble calls and system administration requirements.
- Develops and conducts tests to demonstrate system performance and conformance with specifications.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience preferred.
- At least three years relevant experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent and proven customer service skills a must
- Content Management System preferred
- Strong user interface design skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and with a team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Apache HTTP and Tomcat experience or similar containers preferred.
- Red Hat Linux system administration preferred.
- Proficient with Bash and Python preferred.
- Experience with Postgres preferred, or with similar RDBMS such as MySQL or Oracle preferred.
- Familiar with setup and maintenance of Solr and/or Lucene based indexes preferred.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government background investigation and must be able to obtain a DOE clearance, which requires US citizenship.
To apply, please access our website, www.iiaweb.com and click on “Careers
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.