Associate Director, Commercial Learning & Development
- Bridgewater, NJ
Insmed is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the lives of patients battling serious lung diseases. We are focused on the development and commercialization of novel, targeted inhaled therapies for patients with high unmet needs battling orphan lung diseases. Insmed is a sustainable, patient-centered biopharmaceutical company at the intersection of Pulmonary, Orphan and Infectious Diseases.
Insmed understands that its most valuable resource is its employees. We place great value on the unique skills, talents and qualities that each of our employees brings to our company. We are building a world-class team with a focus on innovation, teamwork and the desire and ability to change the way our patients live.
Insmed is a fast-paced, high-energy organization that seeks talented individuals who are leaders in their respective functional areas of expertise, who are creative problem solvers and who have the desire to make a difference.
A unique leadership opportunity to develop and deliver commercial learning plans for the first commercial launch of an innovative biotech organization, dedicated to improving the lives of patients battling serious and rare diseases.
Reporting to the Director, Field Operations, the Associate Director, Commercial Learning & Development will have responsibility to develop materials and deliver training programs to help commercial colleagues meet business objectives.
Located at our Bridgewater, New Jersey headquarters location, the Associate Director, Commercial Learning & Development will be a key member of the Commercial Strategy & Operations team, and will partner closely with Sales, Marketing, HR, Medical Affairs, and Market Access colleagues to ensure the priorities are aligned and the commercial field force is a consistently improving high-performing team.
- Applying instructional design and adult learning principles, establish learning & development objectives and initiatives that translate strategy into actionable, goal-oriented behavior by commercial field teams (sales, market access, patient services).
- Establish and manage formal training standards for the commercial field team.
- Define, develop and implement advanced learning programs focused on core competencies selling skills and account management designed to improve the effectiveness of all field teams.
- Develop and maintain a highly relevant, goal oriented strategic training plan.
- Deploy learning programs across onboarding, home study curricula, live training programs, area/regional meetings and national sales meetings.
- Proactively assesses knowledge gaps within field teams in collaboration with appropriate colleagues, works to address gaps through training initiatives and programs.
- Effectively manage agency partners and consultants to produce commercial learning & development deliverables within timelines and budget.
- Continuously evaluate and measure effectiveness of current training programs to identify improvements that serve to sustain and improve comprehension, application and competence.
- Utilize high level of professional acumen and EQ in collaborating with internal stakeholders such as HR, IT, legal, compliance, medical affairs, and marketing.
- Ensure that all activities and materials are in compliance with internal regulatory and legal requirements.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to guide and manage Insight (our Learning Management System) and any distance learning technology for commercial field team.
- Develop and manage commercial learning & development budget, providing periodic updates to senior leadership regarding spend vs budget and work to ensure resources are effectively utilized.
- Bachelor’s degree required; science background a plus
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience with a minimum of 3 years in pharmaceutical or biotech learning and development
- Experience in commercial planning or operational roles a plus
- Experience in sales and/ or managed markets a plus
- Product launch experience required
- Orphan disease experience preferred
- Experience with the management of budgets and agencies/vendors
- Leader trained or certified in skills development a plus
- Proven strong project management skills required: including timeline and budget management, planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management, plan execution and performance management
- Outstanding presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated, with a sense of urgency
- Creative problem solver
- Can persuade and influence others; manage conflict appropriately
- Passionate about learning and able to share/communicate that passion to others
Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will judge all applicants based on their qualifications for the job, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited resumes from agencies should not be forwarded to Insmed. Insmed will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source. Insmed will only pay a fee to agencies if a formal agreement between Insmed and the agency has been established. The Human Resources department is responsible for all recruitment activities; please contact us directly to be considered for a formal agreement.
Please note that we review every submission and we will keep all submissions on file for six months. Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.