Head of Procurement
- 10 Finderne Ave, Bridgewater, NJ 08807, USA
Insmed understands that its most valuable resource is its employees. We place great value on the unique skills, talents and qualities that each of our employees brings to our company. We are building a world-class team with a focus on innovation, teamwork and the desire and ability to change the way our patients live.
Insmed is a fast-paced, high-energy organization that seeks talented individuals who are leaders in their respective functional areas of expertise, who are creative problem solvers and who have the desire to make a difference.
This role will lead the procurement strategy and manage the day-to-day functions of the newly established Procurement Department at Insmed. The Head of Procurement will develop new procurement requirements & policies, including qualifying new vendors, managing key contract negotiations with vendors and be a key member of the vendor risk management team. This position reports into the Chief Financial Officer.
- Develop and implement a procurement strategy for a rapidly growing multi-national biotechnology company
- Develop and implement processes, policies and procedures that will optimize the procurement function for all Insmed departments internationally
- Proactively identify and manage vendor risks for key outsourced areas (e.g. manufacturing/CMOs, lab testing, toxicology, clinical research/CROs, etc)
- Qualify new vendors, including conducting RFPs and managing vendor negotiations in high spending or key functional areas
- Establish and maintain a qualified vendor list. Monitor these vendors to ensure they maintain their qualified status
- Build and maintain key vendor relationships
- Prioritize and focus on high risk and high spend areas in procurement
- Will be accountable for productivity and demand optimization.
- Work with other key members of the Insmed team to define and manage the procure-to-pay (P2P) process in an Oracle ERP environment
- Be “hands-on” in managing the day-to-day operations for the procurement area
- Bachelor Degree required; Master’s degree or MBA highly desirable
- International procurement experience a plus
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) accreditation a plus
- Minimum of 10 years of procurement experience
- Life sciences experience required
- Experience with an outsourced supply chain company/model
- Experience launching and maintaining a robust and compliant P2P process
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Highly organized, with a strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy and conciseness
- Must successfully exhibit Insmed’s five (5) core corporate competencies of: Excellence, Accountability, Driven, Collaborative and Solutions; along with any other position specific competencies
- Individuals must demonstrate the ability to interact successfully in a dynamic and culturally diverse workplace.
- Travel required based on vendor requirements (estimated ~20%)
Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will judge all applicants based on their qualifications for the job, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited resumes from agencies should not be forwarded to Insmed. Insmed will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source. Insmed will only pay a fee to agencies if a formal agreement between Insmed and the agency has been established. The Human Resources department is responsible for all recruitment activities; please contact us directly to be considered for a formal agreement.
Please note that we review every submission and we will keep all submissions on file for six months. Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.