Senior Statistical Programmer - Home-based
- Chatham, NJ
Instat Services provides comprehensive statistical services for all phases of clinical development. Our team of experienced statisticians and statistical programmers offers unique skill and experience to our clients. We are a small group of experts, focus on the client relationships, and invest in our employees.
At Instat, we work on exciting projects, use the best technology, have fun and always deliver the best possible quality to our clients. We have zero turnover in employees, and we think you'll enjoy working with us too.
This is a homebased opportunity anywhere in the United States.
We're looking for someone who enjoys the challenges of complex clinical data structures and reporting requirements to join our small team of experts, focused on delivering top-notch services in support of clinical research studies. With several clients and projects in multiple therapeutic areas, you will get to work on a variety of exciting challenges and help establish the best and most efficient procedures for data processing and reporting.
- Design and develop SAS and/or R statistical programs to import, translate, transform, clean, merge, and code clinical data
- Work closely with statisticians to construct creative solutions for their analytic tasks, working with them in defining and developing a set of data suitable for their analysis
- Lead end-to-end efforts to design, develop, and implement efficient procedures and programs to create CDISC compliant data sets
- Summarize clinical trial data using Instat's proprietary SAS macro library to produce tables, figures and listings
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of programming procedures
- Debug, troubleshoot, and provide quality review of complex SAS programs
- Performing quality review on SAS programs generated by other statistical programmers and biostatisticians
- Provide training and mentoring to other clinical programmers
Desired Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of statistics and/or clinical drug development process
- Solid SAS programming skills are required with proficiency in SAS/Base, SAS/Macros, SAS/STAT, SAS/Graph and ODS. Candidate should be proficient in new features of SAS 9.3 such as SAS ODS Graphics Procedures and Graph Template Language.
- Experience with R programming
- Must have clear verbal and written communication and be able to communicate in a timely manner
- Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to manage complexity and change
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are desired
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well with little supervision
- Training equivalent to a BS, MS preferred, in Life Sciences, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- 8+ years experience in Statistical Programming using the SAS system in clinical data analysis
- Experience programming in R especially in producing graphs
- Experience with other programming or scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Java, etc)