The Tutor works primarily in the Learning Center and is responsible for tutoring and mentoring IHSCA’s students in high-school-level Mathematics and English. Secondary responsibilities include preparing learning plans for student tutoring, as well as reports of student’s progress during the tutoring sessions for teachers.
Tutor students in the subjects they most need help. Students will receive support through tutoring, homework help, assistance in workshops and career curriculum.
Tutors will undergo a minimum of two session trainings of two hours each, in which they will learn the skills and knowledge needed to tutor and mentor teenagers, as well as how the reports and learning plans are created.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Candidates must be knowledgeable of High-School level Mathematics and English, and be comfortable working with, tutoring and mentoring teenagers.
- Organize, implement, and facilitate tutoring and literacy-based activities.
- Assist senior staff in strengthening strategic community partnerships.
- Be self-motivated and ability to motivate others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English or a secondary education with a minor on English Language Arts
- Language Arts state certification
- Three years of successful high school English teaching required.
- Type 9 Certification or working toward a Type 9 Certificate with endorsements in English
- ICTS Basic Skills and Content Area tests successfully passed.
- Technologically literate including using Microsoft Office is required. Laboratory teaching skills is desirable.
Submit cover letter with resume and salary expectations, a completed application (located at: http://www.idpl.org/idpl_careers.html), and any other information listed above as “additional attachments” when you apply.
Instituto del Progreso Latino is an equal opportunity employer