- Chicago, IL
Instituto del Progreso Latino is a community organization whose mission is to contribute to the fullest development of Latino(a) immigrants and their families through education, training and employment that fosters participation in the changing U.S. society while preserving cultural identity and dignity. Founded in 1975 to help Latino’s learn basic skills, pass the civil service exam and obtain higher paying post office jobs, Instituto has grown to a flourishing educational center serving over 14,000 Chicago families per year.
Under the supervision of the Director of Adult Education, the Citizenship Instructor is responsible for teaching classes, implementing, and designing curriculum-based activities for the Illinois Community College Adult Education and Citizenship program initiatives, including EL Civics.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepares and presents material for program classes according to curriculum guidelines.
- Regularly evaluates student progress utilizing quizzes, exams, performance portfolios, or other type of qualitative or quantitative evaluation.
- Designs, writes, administers, and grades exams, quizzes, and other forms of student evaluating.
- Prepares syllabus documents as requested.
- Motivates students to attend class, as measured by an acceptable rate of attendance and retention.
- Receives positive and acceptable student feedback in evaluations conducted twice annually.
- Keeps accurate attendance records in two forms, a daily sign-in sheet for participants and a classroom record.
- Exhibits professional courtesy in dealing with program participants, colleagues, and team members, and the public.
- Shows enthusiasm to teach, understands and applies current best-practices in classroom techniques and materials.
- Stays up to date by attending professional development events on an ongoing basis, no less than four hours every six months.
- B.A. in language education or related subject; M.A. preferred
- 3 years classroom experience teaching ESL
- Ability to maintain a high sense of confidentiality
- Able to work with a wide variety of people
- Team player and willing to take on multiple tasks at once and independent worker, requires minimal supervision
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Above average “customer” service attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Strong telephone skills and ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Dependable and punctual
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and effective management of multiple projects at one time
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, react to unpredictable events quickly and efficiently, be resourceful, manage conflict and challenges
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
Interested candidates send a completed employment application (found on website http://www.idpl.org/idpl_careers.html ) with a cover letter, resume, salary history and salary expectations. All items can be included as attachments as part of your application.
Equal Employment Opportunity