- Älmhult, Kronoberg County, se
What is IKEA Communications
IKEA Communications is where the IKEA offer comes to life in communication that inspires the many people. We contribute to IKEA with global consumer centric and content driven communication. We strive for an agile way of working when developing the business. At ICOM we believe that our workplaces should be about business & people. They should be sustainable and reflect our values and needs, both in the physical and the virtual working environment. We believe that we perform, innovate, collaborate and meet our business goals in the best way when we are able to choose where, when and how we work.
Here it is. Your chance to join IKEA Digital Lab and a wild journey into new worlds, new realities - virtual and unchartered.
Since 2005 the digital team at IKEA Communications, using 3D, have offered IKEA a unique possibility for efficiency in content creation and production. Lately this advantage has created the opportunity to explore Virtual Reality as a new way to interact and co-create with colleagues and customers.
Now IKEA Communications is taking the next step into the future for IKEA, setting up IKEA Digital Lab where the exploration of new technologies can continue. The target is to find, evaluate and - if deemed relevant - develop the new technology and applications emerging in the consumer interface.
The Digital Lab will consist of a small collaborative team that will investigate and evaluate new technologies towards IKEA needs and also continue to build a global network for IKEA with innovators, universities and other research and development environments. In the assignment is also the task of knowledge transfer when technology is decided to be used as a solution in IKEA.
Would you like to accompany us on this journey? Please keep on reading!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE POSITION WILL BE BASED IN ÄLMHULT, SWEDEN
Right now we’re looking for Game developers. People with innovative minds and lateral thinking. People
who think virtual worlds are cool but helping real people is even better. People who know why robots and pie go well together and why pointclouds on a sunny day does not matter at all.
As team members of the IKEA Digital Lab, you will use your technical expertise and awesome IT knowledge to explore, evaluate and transfer innovation insights.
Your main responsibilities:
- Explore and evaluate new technology and its possibility to improve IKEA customer and co-worker user experience.
- Build network and collaborate with external experts and innovators in explorations of technical solution.
- Collect and share expertise with IKEA stakeholders.
Right now we are looking for passionate professionals within gaming industry. That someone with:
- Extensive background in the 3D/Game industries or related.
- Extensive background setting up full stack for applications from ground up.
- Deep knowledge about Cloud based computing and storage solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.)
- Deep programming skills building applications communicating with back-ends and building applications of interactive worlds using game engines.
- Knowledge about real time animation, rendering and shader programming
To be successful in the role, we think you have:
- Deep Interest for the future of Real Time Graphics (VR/MR/AR).
- Extensive experience with Unreal or Unity.
- Understanding of graphics content pipelines as related to real-time environments.
- Good knowledge of minimum 2 different core programming languages such as C++ or Java.. Ability to discuss problems with program code examples.
- Experience with mobile application development and deployment (Xcode, Swing, Android SDK).
- Broad technical knowledge across all disciplines within Information Technology.
- Experience in project planning, follow up and steering others according to agreed plans.
- Ability to handle 5-10 parallel projects in different levels of development.
- High communication skills and ability to simplify complex problems. Good presentation skills
- Passion to learn new things and a have a hands on attitude.
- High motivation to work in teams and collaborate within new constellations, both internal and external teams.
- Positive attitude towards challenges in the everyday work.
Is this the next challenge for you?
We look forward to receiving your application and link to previous work, as soon as you have decided that this could be something for you. Please state in your application which of the areas that you have the most experience and passion in.
This position was posted 2018-03-10 and may be online up to 3 weeks following this date. We do not have an application deadline for this position. We take candidates into the recruitment process continuously and close the position down once we have found the right candidate.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Digital Lab Hiring manager Kip Haynes via kip.haynes@ikea. com