Communication Specialist -main assignment Älmhultsbladet , IKEA Älmhult AB
- Älmhult, Sweden
Are you passionate about news and stories and for creating engaging communication? Are you curious about people and business and have an excellent ability to communicate verbally, visually and in writing, both in Swedish and English, in an inspirational way with IKEA tone of voice? Then this could be the job for you.
IKEA Älmhult AB is a new entity within Inter IKEA Group with a great entrepreneurial spirit and at present three main areas of assignments; Inter IKEA Group in Sweden assignments, create and develop conditions to enable Work, Live, Visit Älmhult and Holding company for IKEA Property, IKEA Hotel & IKEA Museum.
We are looking for an Editor with strong layout skills whose main assignment will be to run Älmhultsbladet. This is a unique, meaningful and trustworthy staff magazine, primarily for the many IKEA co-workers in Älmhult but also IKEA co-workers in Sweden and globally as well as our former colleagues in Vuxenklubben.
Älmhultsbladet shall be an IKEA culture icon spreading IKEA culture and IKEA values through storytelling. Älmhultsbladet shall also support Älmhult as a good place for all our co-workers to work in, live in and visit. Älmhult, togetherness, people, IKEA as a trusted brand, societal impact, democratic design and IKEA as a great place to work are all important drivers.
About the role
Your main responsibility will be to lead the daily operations of Älmhultsbladet, securing timely stories, working across IKEA functions and, in spread articles, news and information about all IKEA companies in Älmhult, the Älmhult municipality and surrounds, but also, when required, about IKEA worldwide.
Job specific key tasks and responsibilities
- Run and plan the daily operations to ensure the weekly publication of our staff magazine, strenghten IKEA culture and IKEA values, understanding and prioritising business needs from different stakeholders in order to effectively plan and secure execution of relevant communication.
- Produce, collaborate on and edit texts in the form of news articles, feature stories and information that effectively carries the right messages and publish these.
- Extensively plan future issues, bank stories and execute the layout of Älmhultsbladet.
- Follow the IKEA long-term plan to support the business needs with relevant communication.
- Secure that Älmhultsbladet is an updated and relevant information and communication channel for all IKEA co-workers in Älmhult going forward
- You are an ambassador of the IKEA culture and IKEA values
- You have a passion for news and stories and for creating engaging communication
- You get energy from working in a fast paced environment and from quick decision making and reprioritisation.
- You feel energised by working both independently and interdependently with communication network and cross functions.
Key factors to be successful
- Writing and copy editing experience, experience of editorial writing beneficial.
- Strong English and Swedish writing ability.
- At an early stage identify a newsworthy story, both for internal and external purposes.
- Strong InDesign knowledge and basic Photoshop knowledge.
- Project management skills and experience of editorial planning beneficial.
- Some experience of research and interviews.
- Layout and web publishing experience beneficial
Two positions: One position is permanent and one position is temporary for approximately one year (Maternity leave). Both positions are full-time (40 hours per week) and are located in Älmhult, Sweden.
Please send us your application – CV and letter of motivation – in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit for this role. Don’t wait, the last day to send your application is August 5th. We look forward to hear from you!
Inter IKEA Group consists of three core businesses and comprises over 70 companies in 30 different countries and has around 28,000 co-workers that together with other IKEA colleagues work to fulfil the IKEA vision: To create a better everyday life for the many people.
IKEA Älmhult AB is the Holding company for Värdshuset i Älmhult AB, IKEA Museum AB and IKEA Property AB.