- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA of Sweden, or IoS, is responsible for developing the IKEA range and making it available to stores and customers all over the world. IoS is leading business development at IKEA and the core IKEA matrices Range, Supplying, Technical and Commercial. At IKEA of Sweden you will work in a company with endless opportunities to develop in different operational areas and countries.
Business Solutions Supply is a part of the new unit Supply Chain Development. We secure relevant solutions for IKEA Range & Supply – today and tomorrow. Our goal is to connect business and people with information technology
We are looking for a Solution Architect to the Customs team within Solution Area Order & Delivery, IKEA Business Solutions Supply
Do you have a passion for Solution Design?
Customs is a dynamic area with high business impact. IKEA must be compliant with legal restrictions and regulations in order for goods to flow smoothly across borders keeping our customers all around the world happy.
The Customs team in Solution Area Order & Delivery plays an important part for making this happen. They are experts in the systems connected to customs and work with developing new solutions as well as securing the running business.
Are you experienced in developing, reviewing and approving high and low-level design of IT solutions? Do you want to work in an area which requires you to both secure high data quality, to be flexible and adapt to changes with short notice?
Then why don’t you come and join us?
The assignment will include
- Responsible for detailing IT functional and non-functional requirements for given business requirements in the business solution delivery process and project management (support with clarifying business requirements if needed).
- Secure that IT solutions fulfil the agreed functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Secure, develop and review high-level design. Approve low-level design of the implementation of a business transformation with an IT component in order to support running business, provide guidance towards service improvements and service transition.
- Govern that the design of the solutions conforms to the solution architecture and is efficient, meet business requirements and based on a holistic architecture.
- Is responsible for securing the architecture vision and goals of the Customs area in the solution architecture and the system development process.
- In a close dialog with stakeholders create and shape business and IT-related ideas into current state, future state and transition states to guide the detailed design and delivery of business solutions.
- In close collaboration with IT architects lead solution activities within the domain, establish solution/infrastructure design in accordance to the architecture and provide technology advice.
If you are the right candidate we believe you:
- Have 2-3 years’ experience of IT development processes and of solution architecture concepts. A former developer experience can be even better.
- Are experienced in using models, methods and tools within analysis and design and have solid knowledge of general IT frames e.g. standards, infrastructure and platforms, frameworks, development concepts and processes. If you know or even work with IKEA IT landscape, it will be a bonus.
- Have excellent analytical skills. You are able to see the big picture as well as the details and to structure information and derive conclusions and consequences out of them. For you, quality is important.
- Are able to interact with strong stakeholders confidently – understand them and their needs as well as making them understand you.
- Are able to work in an environment where the pre-conditions may change from one day to another and where we need to deliver these changes with short notice in order not to risk breaking laws and regulations.
- Are interested in business and like to see how IT can enable people to achieve business results. You feel comfortable to explain technical information to people in a simple and easy-to understand way.
We have a mix of home built solutions, such as CNS or CAIS and bought solutions from providers such as Oracle, Descartes & SAP. Our ambition is to focus more on common platforms.
Does this sound like your next challenge?
We look forward to receive your application in English. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidate.This position is based in Älmhult and will require some travelling.
Älmhult is an inspirational working environment, based on creativity and innovation, which gives you the opportunity to work and interact with people from all around the world. Älmhult has excellent commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund and Växjö, and an IKEA shuttle bus run back and forth to Helsingborg two times a day.
For more information about the position, please contact Susanne Palm at Susanne.Palm@inter.ikea.com. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Recruitment Specialist Jonas Levin +46 728865384.
We look forward to receive your application!