Art Direction Manager
- Älmhult, Sweden
IKEA Communications AB
What if you could inspire to make everyday life just a little bit better?
The answer is simple: You can. This is what motivates us at IKEA. We’re constantly searching to find new ways to be better. We use insights from real life at home all over the world, learning about the needs and dreams of people. We use our home furnishing knowledge to help inspire people with ideas and solutions that will help them live the life they want.
At IKEA Communications, we’re people-centric, have a passion for making great stuff, and we aim to be the best communication partner for the whole of IKEA. We work closely and together with our colleagues across IKEA, creating state-of-the-art communication at the lowest price. Located in Älmhult, Sweden, we’re a melting pot of many different nationalities and cultures. Because in order to make things better for the many, we want to involve people from all parts of the world. Nonetheless, we never forget our Swedish heritage that forms the backbone of who we are today.
We’re on the lookout for passionate doers, idea makers, creative thinkers - people who want to find answers to everyday problems in people’s lives, for society and the planet.
Do you also believe in celebrating the everyday life? Do you want to be part of making it happen from idea to paper or pixel? Then keep on reading.
Right now we are setting up the Ideation & Design Competence Area in IKEA Communications, and we are looking for an Art Direction Manager.
The Competence Area Ideation & Design will support IKEA Communications with world-class format-independent creative communication competences with deep knowledge in tone of voice and visual identity. Integrating innovative production techniques as a source of inspiration into the ideation phase, leading to more impactful communication at lower cost.
As a Competence Manager for Art Directors you will part your time between delivering your creative expertise as Art Director in projects and leading a smaller team.
When leading the team and develop the competence you will:
- Lead and manage people in order for them to perform and deliver within their assignment as high-performing individuals.
- Encourage co-workers to be in the lead of their own development, keeping up-to-date with competence demands, technical capabilities, technological advancements, consumer trends and Life at Home insights.
- Ensure the continuous development of the co-worker’s creative, specialist and/or technical expertise to remain ahead of the organization’s competence needs within art direction.
- Create and secure a development plan for the competence area; ensuring activities are executed according to and in alignment with the organization’s competence development roadmap.
- Work with mutual alignment and responsibility with other managers within the competence area as well as other stakeholders within the organisation.
- Develop and maintain a strong external network within art direction to secure freelance and recruitment needs.
- Contribute to the necessary recruitment and competence succession plans.
- Challenge current ways of working, enabling co-workers to take lead in exploring new creative heights and production methods that lead to more impactful and relevant customer experiences.
Our Competence Managers are people who enables creative thinking and idea generation in a production environment. People who can lead in the unknown and in ever changing conditions. People with the ability to develop people and technology together. People who can influence and engage co-workers to lead their own development plans. People who can manage stakeholder relationships, creating synergies & collaborations. People that can spark an innovative and idea driven culture that enables co-workers to explore and share ideas and reinvent creative production.
- Extensive experience working as an Art Director, for a large agency or brand.
- General understanding of the creative & product development process.
- Experience developing content through storytelling.
- Knowledge of how costumers consume and experience communication.
- Experience leading and developing creative competences.
- Experience identifying and mapping out co-worker capabilities.
- Experience working in a high-volume production environment with tight deadlines.
- Experience working in a multicultural, creative and inclusive work environment.
- Fluency in English, spoken & written.
This is a place where you can focus on doing what you love. There are no dress codes or closed offices. No day is ever the same. All ideas are welcome. Everyone tries to pitch in when needed, and failures are seen as a way of learning. When you enter our building, we want you to feel that you can inspire billions of people all over the world.
Are you ready to make the world a little better, together? We want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application, in English with your portfolio, Please note that this position is in Älmhult, Sweden.
We do not accept applications by e-mail. If you are one of the candidates we think have the required experience we will contact you by email or phone to plan a telephone interview. In some cases recruitment processes may take time, so we kindly ask you to be patient in this regard.