- Älmhult, Sweden
Solution Architect in Solution Area – Order & Delivery
within the Order & Integration team, Business Solutions Supply
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people – our customers, co-workers and suppliers. The Supply organisation within Range & Supply has approx. 2700 co-workers, in 22 countries and an exciting growth agenda to support meeting many more of the many!
Business Solutions Supply is a part of the new unit Supply Chain Development. We secure relevant solutions for IKEA Range & Supply – today and tomorrow. Our goal is to connect business and people with information technology
Our Supplying system landscape is grouped into different Solution Areas and today the Solution Area “Order & Delivery” supports more than 15 000 users throughout Supplying in the areas of Order, Customs and Delivery & Settlement. We are now looking for a Solution Architect to enable the future growth and support in the Order & Integration area.
We have a mix of solutions, such as Market Specific Online (EPI Server, web content management system) and Market Specific Product Request (Barium, process management tool).
• Responsible for detailing IT functional and non-functional requirements for given business requirements in the business solution delivery process and project management (support with clarifying business requirements if needed).
• Secure that IT solutions fulfil the agreed functional and non-functional business requirements.
• Secure, develop and review high-level design. Approve low-level design of the implementation of a business transformation with an IT component in order to support running business, provide guidance towards service improvements and service transition.
• Govern that the design of the solutions conforms to the solution architecture and is efficient, meet business requirements and based on a holistic architecture.
• Is responsible for securing the architecture vision and goals of the New Business and Market specific range area in the solution architecture and the system development process.
• In a close dialog with stakeholders create and shape business and IT-related ideas into current state, future state and transition states to guide the detailed design and delivery of business solutions.
• In close collaboration with IT & Business architects lead solution activities within the domain, establish solution/infrastructure design in accordance to the architecture and provide technology advice.
• In close collaboration with process development within the domain, establish business process design in accordance to the processes and provide advice.
IKEA is rapidly moving in to a digital future and we need you to support IKEA on this journey. We need someone who is curious, structured, challenging and fearless. You have a software development background and are thinking of going into the area of solution architecture.
Do you have what we are looking for?
• You are interested in business and like to see how IT can enable people to achieve business results. You feel comfortable to explain technical information to people in a simple and easy-to understand way.
• You are able to interact with strong stakeholders confidently – understand them and their needs as well as making them understand you.
• You have excellent analytical skills. You are able to see the big picture as well as the details and to structure information and derive conclusions and consequences out of them. For you, quality is important.
• Are experienced in using models, methods and tools within analysis and design and have solid knowledge of general IT frames e.g. standards, infrastructure and platforms, frameworks, development concepts and processes. If you know or even work with IKEA IT landscape, it will be a bonus.
• Are able to work in an environment where the pre-conditions may change from one day to another and where we need to deliver these changes with short notice in order not to risk breaking laws and regulations.
• You have strong social and communication skills and are enthusiastic, driven and structured.
• You are fluent in both spoken and written English and have the desire to work in a simple, effective and understandable way.
Does this sound like your next challenge? We look forward to receiving your application in English as soon as possible. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process if we find the right candidate.
For questions regarding the job, please contact Recruitment Specialist Jonas Levin at +46 72 886 53 84