Sustainability Compliance Auditor
- Karachi, Pakistan
IKEA offers well-designed, functional home furnishing at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the lowest total cost, making high quality available to the customer under good social and environmental conditions. Purchasing and Logistics Area South East Europe and Pakistan (PLASEEP) is one of total eight Purchasing Operations Areas within IKEA, and our co-workers are based in Istanbul, Bucharest, Belgrade and Karachi.
IKEA vision is “To create a better everyday life for the many people”. We do it by offering well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices that as many people as possible will be able to afford them.
Sustainability is one of the pillars of IKEA Business Strategy to grow IKEA together with our Customers, Co-Workers and Business Partners. Our aim is to establish trust with our Customers, Co-Workers and Business Partners, through demonstrating the practical application of our commitment to having a positive impact on people and environment. This is further defined in IKEA’s People & Planet Positive Strategy which can be accessed at www.IKEA.com. We engage our Customers, Co-workers and Business Partners in how we together, can work towards a more sustainable future and encourage people to both, work for us and shop with us.
Equally, at IKEA quality has always been part of our vision .The notion of quality is defined by our customers and includes the total experience and interaction with the brand. We live in a world where people are increasingly connected and often trust friends, or strangers, more than they trust big brands. It’s vital we always share the same view on quality as our customers, to earn their trust, deliver on our promises and drive growth.
IKEA Purchasing & Logistics Area South East Europe & Pakistan (PLASEEP) belongs to “Supply organization” of IKEA and has co-workers based in Bucharest, Istanbul, Belgrade and Karachi. The role of the supply process is to buy, produce and distribute the IKEA range at the most effective total cost, making high quality Home Furnishing products available to the customer manufactured under good social and environmental conditions meeting IWAY Standard (IKEA Code of Conduct for Business Partners) or similar standards to IWAY. We together with our Business Partners and external stakeholders also work on beyond compliance Sustainability Projects, ensuring positive impact on People and Environment in the communities where our business partners operate.
As PLASEEP we are looking for a Sustainability Compliance Auditor to be located in Karachi office.
A. Sustainability Compliance Verification & Development
- Support Business Partners to take ownership of compliance in terms of;
- Analysing facts from audits/assessments to draw conclusions for both short term and long terms actions to strengthen compliance.
- Support Business Partners to develop sustainable management practices such as but not limited to, organization, policies, internal auditing, root cause analysis, competence development, worker engagement, performance.
- Plan and perform risk based sustainability compliance audits/assessments where needed in accordance with IWAY Standard & IKEA working methods and all other relevant mandatory documents and local legislations at the facilities of Business Partners.
- Support IKEA business teams in implementation and maintenance of sustainability compliance at the facilities of Business Partners and their sub-suppliers.
- Identifying good practices of compliance and its economic benefits to business.
- Facilitate forums for Business Partners to share their best practices.
- Keep yourself and IKEA business teams updated with the Law and local incentives that are available on country level.
B. Sustainability Projects (Social and Environmental)
- Identify, develop and implement sustainability projects in areas (Social and Environmental) in supply chain in cooperation with IKEA Business teams and Business Partners and lead its implementation.
- Create motivation and inspire suppliers and business teams to continuously identify the sustainability related business opportunities;
- Explore opportunities to partner/collaborate with external stakeholders / other brands on sustainability compliance and sustainability projects.
- Participate in external sustainability forums as and when necessary to understand emerging sustainability topics and trends.
C. Quality Compliance Verification & Development
- Lead verification of new product launch (gate check) before first delivery and secure four-eyes principles.
- Plan and perform audits according to Manage IKEA quality GO/NOGO standard working instruction.
- Based on audit result, support the business teams and suppliers in implementing the containment and corrective actions.
- Support development and implementation of common working methods and tools locally as well as globally for the Engineering & Quality matrix.
- Perform audits and assessments of internal working methods and processes according to the quality part in purchasing manual.
- Coach and train business teams and suppliers in the IKEA quality GO/NOGO standard as well as in utilization of problem solving tools (5 why, root cause analysis etc.) in the daily work and specifically related to quality deviations.
- Social & Environmental auditing or related experience of min 2 -3 years.
- Degree in Engineering (preferably in one of the following fields; Environmental, Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering),
- Good knowledge and understanding of sustainability related global trends and their impacts to the total business,
- Be a specialist within at least one sustainability area,
- Good understanding of different industrial setups,
- Compliance Management Systems in relation to Factory Operations (ISO14001, SA8000, OHSAS 18001 etc.),
- Problem solving approach and innovative thinking,
- Very good knowledge of project management tools and methodology,
- Good knowledge of different Quality tools as 5 why, FMEA, fish bone, root cause analysis, statistics knowledge,
- Very good knowledge to lead audits and auditing skills,
- Knowledge of production and operation processes.
- Ability to prioritize and organise work efficiently,
- Ability to work with and through others,
- Very strong analytical skills,
- Honest with high integrity,
- Knowledge of Pakistani Legal Laws.(e.g. Labour, Environmental, H&S Laws etc.),
- Communication and motivation skills,
- Coaching & Interpersonal skills,
- Time Management skills,
- Fluent in Urdu and English,
- Ability to travel approximately 60% of the working hours.
Submit your application as soon as possible. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application if we find the right candidate.
We look forward to receive your application, in English!