Music Library Assistant (Part Time)
- Interlochen, MI
Interlochen Center for the Arts is the recipient of the National Medal of Arts and the only organization in the world that brings together: a 2,500-student summer camp program; a 500-student fine arts boarding high school; opportunities for hundreds of adults to engage in fulfilling artistic and creative programs; two 24-hour listener-supported public radio stations (classical music and news); more than 600 arts presentations annually by students, faculty and world-renowned guest artists; a global alumni base spanning eight decades, including leaders in arts and all other endeavors. For information, visit Interlochen online at www.interlochen.org.
Interlochen Center for the Arts includes:
Interlochen Arts Academy
Interlochen Arts Academy, a fine arts boarding high school, offers the highest quality artistic training combined with comprehensive college-preparatory academics. The Academy also offers post-graduate opportunities.
Interlochen Arts Camp
Young artists from around the world gather at Interlochen each summer to learn, create and perform alongside leading artists and instructors. Programs are offered to students in grades three through twelve.
Interlochen College of Creative Arts
Adult artists thrive on opportunities to learn and express themselves creatively. The College of Creative Arts offers programs in a variety of arts disciplines.
Interlochen Public Radio
Classical Music: 88.7 FM, Interlochen; 88.5 FM, Mackinaw City; 94.7 FM, Traverse City and 100.9 FM, East Jordan/Charlevoix
News Radio: 91.5 FM, Traverse City; 90.1 FM, Harbor Springs/Petoskey; 89.7 FM, Manistee/Ludington
Streaming online at ipr.interlochen.org. Through two listener-supported broadcast services, Interlochen Public Radio (IPR) connects northwest Michigan with arts, news and culture on a global scale. IPR also gives significant focus to local and regional news, information and artists.
Interlochen brings dozens of world-renowned artists to northwest Michigan, enhancing the region’s position on the global arts map. Interlochen presents more than 600 events each year by students, faculty and guest artists, making Interlochen one of the nation’s largest arts presenters.
Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of America’s most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts presentations seeks to fill a part time, academy school year (end of August-May) position for a Music Library Assistant.
The Fennell Music Library serves the music program (with dozens of large and small ensembles needs as well as solo repertoire) of two world-renowned programs, Interlochen Arts Camp and Interlochen Arts Academy, and includes extensive collections in band, orchestral, choral, chamber music, jazz, scores, and recordings.
The Seabury Academic Library serves the many arts and academic programs at both Interlochen Arts Camp and Interlochen Arts Academy in a variety of ways.
The library staff:
- Build meaningful relationships with faculty, staff and students.
- Assist patrons in finding information.
- Provide a collection that reflects and anticipates patron’s needs.
- Create a welcoming atmosphere.
This position works closely with the Bonisteel Library Director, Music Library Head and other library staff members in order to provide these services to the ICA community.
- Provide a high level of reference to students, faculty and staff
- Circulate printed scores and sound recordings
- Process library materials
- Assist in the preparation of parts for various large ensembles
- Assist with the preparation of materials for the summer arts camp
- Work with library staff on special projects dealing with outreach, programming and initiatives
- Assist patrons with technology issues
- Participate in school wide committee work when applicable
- Assist in the supervision of community service students
The successful candidate should:
- Be able to work evening and weekend hours
- Familiar with Mac Operating System
- Strong musical background
- Bachelor of Music or Bachelor of Arts in Music preferred
- Previous experience working in a library a plus
- Experience working with Binding materials a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
This is an hourly part time position (end of August-May) based upon experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should complete the online application by clicking the "I'm interested" green button. When the candidate reaches the additional documents section a cover letter of application and a current listing of references should be uploaded.
The search will remain open until filled with a priority deadline for resume review beginning immediately.