Technical Services Librarian
- 4000 M-137, Interlochen, MI
Interlochen Center for the Arts MISSION…
To engage and inspire people worldwide through excellence in educational, artistic and cultural programs, enhancing the quality of life through the universal language of the arts.
THE CORE PURPOSE…
To ignite lifelong passion for the arts
THE CORE VALUES…
Nurturing, Inspiring,Transforming, Enlightening and Enduring
Interlochen Center for the Arts includes:
Interlochen Arts Academy
Interlochen Arts Academy, a fine arts boarding high school, offers the highest quality artistic training combined with comprehensive college-preparatory academics. The Academy also offers post-graduate opportunities.
Interlochen Arts Camp
Young artists from around the world gather at Interlochen each summer to learn, create and perform alongside leading artists and instructors. Programs are offered to students in grades three through twelve.
Interlochen College of Creative Arts
Adult artists thrive on opportunities to learn and express themselves creatively. The College of Creative Arts offers programs in a variety of arts disciplines.
Interlochen Public Radio
Classical Music: 88.7 FM, Interlochen; 88.5 FM, Mackinaw City; 94.7 FM, Traverse City and 100.9 FM, East Jordan/Charlevoix
News Radio: 91.5 FM, Traverse City; 90.1 FM, Harbor Springs/Petoskey; 89.7 FM, Manistee/Ludington
Streaming online at ipr.interlochen.org. Through two listener-supported broadcast services, Interlochen Public Radio (IPR) connects northwest Michigan with arts, news and culture on a global scale. IPR also gives significant focus to local and regional news, information and artists.
Interlochen brings dozens of world-renowned artists to northwest Michigan, enhancing the region’s position on the global arts map. Interlochen presents more than 600 events each year by students, faculty and guest artists, making Interlochen one of the nation’s largest arts presenters.
Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of America’s most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts is seeking to hire a Technical Services Librarian. The ideal candidate will share a vision of the importance of technology in the delivery of modern library services and will be able to effectively communicate and implement that vision and related strategies. Within this position we are looking for an individual with innovative and results-oriented skills.
The Seabury Academic Library serves the many arts and academic programs at both Interlochen Arts Camp and Interlochen Arts Academy in a variety of ways.
The library staff
- builds meaningful relationships with faculty, staff and students.
- assists patrons in finding information.
- provides a collection and service that meets patron’s needs.
- creates a welcoming atmosphere.
This position works closely with the Bonisteel Library Director and other library staff members in order to provide these services to the ICA community.
Major duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage, maintain, and trouble shoot the ILS (SIRSI-Dynix)
- Train the appropriate staff in using the up-dates of the ILS system
- Assist in the collection of data and preparation of reports pertinent to the library area
- Oversee cataloging and processing of materials
- Oversee matters dealing with circulation
- Manage Interlibrary Services, Michigan e-library electronic resource management, online collections, and digital services projects
- Recommend and provide support implementing new and emerging technologies and processes
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with faculty, staff and students
- Process orders for supplies and materials when needed
- Participate in school-wide committee work when applicable
- Aid in maintaining the library’s website
- Provide a high level of reference and technical support to our users
- Supervise high school community service students
- Support the teaching of Information Literacy classes and Intermester courses as needed
- Collaborate with other library staff on the selection of materials for the library
- Collaborate with library staff on special projects dealing with outreach, programming and initiatives
- Must possess an ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of a variety of library technologies
- Experience working in a library
- Proficient in using and teaching library databases.
- Trained cataloger with knowledge of OCLC: skilled in using OCLC, knowledge of MARC and RDA, assigning subject headings and classification
- Demonstrated experience in project management and problem solving
- Evidence of the ability to work effectively both collaboratively and independently
- Knowledgeable in both the current and future trends and practices in libraries
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize, and manage a variety of responsibilities and projects
- Desired qualifications include
- experience with library applications and systems such as SIRSI-Dynix, CONTENTdm/D-Space, 3-M security, and ILL;
- an undergraduate degree in an arts related field.
Compensation and Benefits:
A competitive salary and benefits package being offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Required documents for application are: cover letter, resume and a current listing of three professional references. These documents should be uploaded into your application, under the additional documents section. You can complete the online application by clicking the "I'm interested" green button.
Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in strictest confidence, and references will not be contacted without the permission of the applicant.
Materials submitted will be held in strictest confidence.