Engineer Support Intern - CUBIC
- Orlando, FL
InternEdge is a social network dedicated to connecting students with employers for internships and career development opportunities. InternEdge helps employers reach more students through social media and on-campus activities.
Employer Description - CUBIC Corporation
At Cubic, we believe in an entrepreneurial spirit. That’s how we keep our organization adaptive in a rapidly changing world of technology
If you are inspired by technology, motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect, we invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic. In 1951 Cubic was a small electronics company founded by Walter J. Zable. Today, Cubic is a diversified global systems and services company. We design, develop, manufacture, deliver, and support high technology systems for transportation, defense, and RFID markets worldwide.
- Founded: 1951
- HQ: San Diego, CA
- 2011 Sales: $1.285 billion
- Employees: Nearly 7,800
- In 2011, Cubic received the City of San Diego Environmental Services Department Director’s Recycling award for diverting more than 160 tons of waste from San Diego landfills to recycling facilities.
- In December of 2011, Cubic received a Waste Reduction Award from the California Department of Resource Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) for the company's outstanding recycling efforts in San Diego.
Each employee’s benefit needs are truly unique. With that in mind, Cubic provides a comprehensive, high quality benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families. Although specific benefits may vary by business segment and location, highlights of a typical benefits package include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Disability Insurance
- AD&D and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Life Assistance Program
Expedite communications within Engineering disciplines between Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Production departments. Connect the requisite Engineering disciplines to resolve product development and production issues. Coordinate activities to evaluate and resolve engineering-related production problems encountered in assigned area. This position typically works under close supervision and direction.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical Engineering liaison support through effective design applications
- Coordinate product related issues within functional areas including Development Engineering, Product/Manufacturing Engineering, Test and Evaluation, Field Engineering and Purchasing as required
- Analyze and transfer technologies to improve product utilization
- Solve complex problems requiring creativity and expertise
- Participate in program recommendations to facilitate short and long-range planning
- Stay abreast of pertinent internal and competitive external technologies and maintain technical competence utilizing external contacts and resources as appropriate
- Ensure product technical support and problem-solving are performed to satisfaction of customer, suppliers and manufacturing
- Ensure results achieved are within guidelines for budget, quality, design and timeliness
- Support test, products, shipment and installations
- Support Engineering process improvement and initiative
Enrolled in a Bachelor of Science degree program in engineering, computer science or other related technical discipline and be at least in the second year of a university program
- Able to read and understand Engineering drawings, Product/Technical specifications and understand and develop production estimates and schedules
- Ability to read and comprehend source code
- Working knowledge of OOA/OOD
- Proficient with MS Office applications
"Cubic is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law."