Contract Remote Full-Stack Developer
- Main Street, Baltimore, Maryland, United States
As a digitally-focused management consultancy, we do more than strategy. From strategy and design to architecture and development, we deploy senior, cross-functional teams to work hip-to-hip in the trenches with client teams.
Founded in 2003, Intevity (previously Twin Technologies) is a full service, digitally-focused management consultancy based in Boston, MA with remote offices and employees throughout the eastern and central US (Baltimore, Chicago, D.C., New York). Intevity focuses on both Commercial and Public Sector clients, with deep expertise in retail, software, and government. Intevity has key vendor partnerships with Adobe, AWS, and Salesforce.
We work on all phases of projects, from early discovery and design to strategy to execution. We are known for our vulnerability-based culture, high levels of craftsmanship, innovation, and trust; being able to truly connect with the needs and spot the real reasons why an organization is being held back from achieving their goals.
We specialize in digital transformation in retail, software, and government. We align audiences, optimize processes and build custom, cutting-edge experiences on leading platforms—all while helping businesses increase velocity while reducing organizational risk.
As an agile company, Intevity is committed to continually growing and evolving with the market to provide an environment where creativity, leadership, mentoring, planning, and resources are in place to achieve our shared goals.
The Full-stack Developer will serve as part of a development team supporting both established projects and creating from the ground up. The ideal candidate is an experienced leader and team player who is adept at both frontend and backend web development. They are passionate about technology and committed to lifelong learning, possessing the ability to apply their technical knowledge, skills and experience to solve complex/real-world problems.
• 5+ years software engineering experience
• Must have experience designing complex software solutions
• Exposure to all aspects of modern web application architectures, visual design, and mobile web development
• Versatility developing with multiple front-end and back-end technologies (Example: ES.Next, TypeScript, Go, React, GraphQL, SCSS/LESS, Python/Bash scripting)
• Experience with a variety of data systems such as SQL, NoSQL, Stream Processing and Distributed Key-Value Stores
• Familiar with REST API schema formats, such as: OpenAPI/Swagger, GraphQL and ProtoBuf
• Experience with running and defining Docker containers
• Familiar with Kubernetes resource APIs and related CLI tools
• Comfortable using and configuring software on Linux based operating systems
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Has experience working from home on distributed teams in a remote model
• Willingness and ability to travel to our client sites when necessary
• Contract position to start which could lead to a full-time role
Being remote allows our employees to live where they want to. It means being able to have the lifestyle that you choose. Working remotely is not for everyone but it allows us to spend less time commuting and more time on the things that really matter. We believe this is essential to supporting a workforce that can achieve a healthy work-life balance.
What does this mean for you? You get to work from where you need or want to work. Each team member is provided the tools, infrastructure, and support to create a productive, professional work from home office environment. We observe and operate standard East Coast working hours to support the majority of our clients and our teammates. We also provide some flexibility for daily schedules to accommodate one’s personal obligations to home and family life.
We recognize that working remotely isn’t always easy; the remote work model encourages independent thinking but requires increased professional accountability and self-discipline. We are an outcome-focused team and work to get the job done. We champion a culture of transparency and openness.
While travel is part of the job requirement to service clients and team build, we ensure it is asked for and planned as thoughtfully as possible. Travel amounts do vary by engagement, but in this role/project, a full-stack developer can expect the travel to be very light. MAYBE once per quarter, if that.
Intevity offers a competitive and comprehensive employee compensation and benefits package that includes base salary, medical, dental and vision insurance, long and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401k program with company match, and an open PTO plan.
Intevity is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.