Service Desk Technician - Batavia
- Batavia, NY
Intratek Computer, Inc., a Santa Ana, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming, professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and helpdesk implementation and management.
We carefully screen and personally interview our candidates, providing our clients with full confidence in the abilities and skills of our candidates.
Joining the Intratek team opens the door to challenging, exciting and rewarding career opportunities in IT.
If you want to work hard, build your skills and be rewarded for your achievements, Intratek has opportunities just for you!
The Service Desk Technician will provide Tier I support services for end-users, which can include VIP users. Technician will speak with the end user, capture and record issues, and resolve them over the phone or escalate the trouble ticket to the next tier. The most important quality a candidate needs to have, aside from technical knowledge and ability, is customer service skills. A strong candidate will be well-spoken, calm, and have a reassuring and caring personality.
Software platforms include Microsoft Windows XP/7 operating systems, Microsoft Office Suite software, unique applications; HP and Dell laptops, Dell desktops and handheld devices. Must also have the ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced and changing environment. Team works under the direction of the On-site Service Desk Manager.
- High School Diploma, A+ Certification and/or MCP certification (or better) is preferred.
- 1+ years prior relevant IT experience, specifically in a service desk/help desk environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and MS Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of communication software packages & network functionality.
- Prior experience using Service Desk/Help Desk ticketing systems is a plus.