Environment Management & Release Manager
- 260 King Street, Toronto, Canada
Position: Environment Management & Release Manager
Location: North York, Toronto
Term: Full Time
Purpose of role
Reporting to the IT Operations and DR Manager, The Environment Management & Release Administrator will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications and platforms while managing and limiting cost exposure. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, projects and programs. Where necessary the Analyst will be required to provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
The Administrator is responsible for implementing and managing release processes for the progression of code in the development, test, and production environments. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with software development groups, and support developers and testers as they build development/test environments.
- Manage risks & expenses and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities in partnership with CGI resources
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities and ensure the appropriate creation of deployment plans and checklists by project teams for CGI to use in the transition of project efforts to production.
- In partnership with CGI develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 2-5 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- ITIL Certification is a requirement
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are key
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Access
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.