Cloud Integration Specialist
- Burlington, Canada
The world’s largest trade distributor and a leading supplier of building materials. In Canada we are the country’s largest national trade distributor.
We are the professional’s choice due to our:
- strong buying power and relationships with the best vendors and brands in the business
- advanced distribution network
- robust e-commerce platform
- national team of experienced customer service experts
We are an employer of choice through our:
- Career development and training opportunities
- Sustainable profitability and long-term growth strategy
- Commitment to excellence in serving all customers
- Company values – We act with integrity, drive for results and value our people
- Culture that challenges the status quo, seeks innovation and new opportunities
- Competitive benefits and discounts on top brands of plumbing and HVAC/R products
- Recognition of the importance of sustainable living; as such we are committed to supporting sustainable products for the pres¬ervation of our natural resources
- National sponsorship of Special Olympics Canada
- Proud support of Habitat for Humanity
The Cloud Integration Specialist is responsible for integrating new cloud services (applications and infrastructure) into the organization’s portfolio of internal systems and existing cloud services. The role collaborates with technology brokers and external providers to understand new cloud services and integration technologies and their implications for the organization. The role partners with technical teams and senior architects to analyze technical and non-technical requirements to eventually build cloud-based solutions.
The Specialist will assess the trade-offs between different solutions as it relates to the integration between external and internal systems using impact analysis. The Specialist is also proficient in developing systems using different technologies and can communicate the results back to the technical teams and senior architects. Cloud Integration Specialist will also work with end-users to optimize integration and user-experience.
This is a hands-on role, requiring experience in the design, deployment, and management of large scale services while ensuring that performance is not hindered and performance standards adhere to service level agreements set with the enterprise.
The position is part of the Distribution Systems team. The team’s mandate is to design, implement and support eCommerce front-end systems as well as middleware technology that enables bi-directional intermediation of data between the ERP system and other systems. The Specialist will look at solving eCommerce business challenges in non-traditional ways that provide consultative, innovative, business-minded approaches.
The specialist will also be expected to develop and test changes, generate unit test cases, and to ensure that the new changes integrate seamlessly in the current integrations.
He or she will also plan and execute knowledge transfer activities to ensure smooth project transition to the support organizations, and will participate, in a consultative capacity, in problem management to ensure a stable environment.
The Specialist will be responsible for technical specifications (design), development, unit testing, deployment, support, coordination of tasks and resources related to integration service/product areas.
Design / Development / Management
• Play a critical part in designing the architecture, code, testing, and deploy process (API/ web services) for new features and for improving existing ones.
• Introduce new tools, plugins and frameworks to our ecosystem to help increase development speed.
• Regularly perform critical analysis and code reviews of your peers’ code, and you will proactively tackle problems and issues as they arise
• Defines the system landscape, identify gaps between the current and desired end-states, and delivers cloud-based solutions
• Recommends alternate choices, trade-offs, and impact analysis
• Translate wireframes, comps, and functional requirements into functional HTML5/ CSS3/ code
• Works with technical teams and senior architects to finalize specifications related to integration between numerous systems
• Collaborates with enterprise architects and information architects to ensure cloud services align to roadmaps and understand the effect on the organization’s information architecture
• Liaises with external providers to resolve any issues in the functionality and interoperability of new cloud applications, cloud-based infrastructure, and other cloud services with existing IT systems
• Coordinates testing efforts to identify and resolve system integration issues
• Applies broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques, and approaches across the app life cycle phases to design an integrated solution to address business requirements
• Reviews and participates in testing of the design, tool design, data extracts, networks, and hardware selections
• Work with the Solution and Enterprise Architects to resolve any issues encountered during the development, testing and deployment phases of development projects
• Deliver assigned work on schedule and provide regular status reports to the Project Manager(s) and team manager
Support / Standardize
• Take ownership for issues to reach resolutions to prevent recurrences
• Troubleshoot and resolve production issues under tight deadlines
• Proactively identify the impact of potential process changes, integrate new initiatives with existing processes, and ensure that all processes are consistent and fit together.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and peers
• Evolve approach to meet new and changing business requirements
• Ability to provide development estimates based on user requirements and elaborate on impact analysis for existing systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent grasp and experience of RESTful API design, working with and coding
• Well-versed in testing your code (unit tests, systems tests, etc.) and continuous integration
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in web development
• At home in a Linux and Windows environments.
• Understands security and identifies encryption and controls needed to protect information
• Excellent grasp of integrating Cloud plug-ins, APIs with Magento, MuleSoft, ForgeRock, Payment Portals, etc
• Experience and understanding of Responsive Web Design (RWD) frameworks
• Knowledge of code repositories (TFS, CVS, Git, etc)
• Extensive experience with standard toolsets to develop, validate and test codec (Visual Studio, Eclipse, SoapUI, etc)
• Good sense and understanding of UI/UX development, user experience, Internet design principles, W3C Standards, SEO, accessibility WCAG 2.0 standards
• Experience building and testing products built in Microsoft SQL Server and the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack (database engine, SSRS, SSAS and SSIS)
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Effective listening skills to ensure accurate understanding.
• A strong attention to detail, excellent logical, technical and analytical skills / thinking.
• Ability to develop solutions and work effectively on tight deadlines as necessary (time-management)
• Demonstrated ability to work and learn independently or as part of a team
• Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of individuals.
• Willing to learn and apply knowledge to improve solutions
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.