Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Irving, TX
JP Energy is a rapidly growing company, leading the midstream energy sector with a focus to provide best-in-class customer service for our clients. Our people are our strength, and as we continue to grow, we are always looking for talented and motivated individuals who share a vision for our three founding principles- safety, integrity, and customer service.
JP Energy fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, committed and highly accomplished people. We offer very competitive salary and benefits packages as well as the opportunity to expand skillsets acquired through internal growth.
The Collections/AR Specialist is primarily responsible for collections on commercial and residential accounts receivable. Review and analyzes aging’s for follow-up with customers as required on past due invoices. Researching, resolving and responding to customer and branch inquiries regarding invoice issues and initiating action to resolve.
Description of Essential Duties:
- Collections on assigned base of commercial and residential accounts
- Research and reconciliation as required on customer inquiries
- Dispute resolution-research payments, sales and credits posted for accuracy
- Month-end reconciliations as required for AR close
- Reconciliation of major accounts
- Reporting on specific accounts/performance
- AR Month-end close duties as required
- 2+ years of Commercial collections
- Great Plains experience preferred, but not required
- Detail oriented with excellent follow up skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Position requires an individual who is effective in a fast paced office and can adapt to a changing environment
- Must possess good written, verbal, telephone communication and organization skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially advanced knowledge of Excel