Internal Audit Manager
- Irving, TX
JP Energy is a rapidly growing company, leading the midstream energy sector with a focus to provide best-in-class customer service for our clients. Our people are our strength, and as we continue to grow, we are always looking for talented and motivated individuals who share a vision for our three founding principles- safety, integrity, and customer service.
JP Energy fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, committed and highly accomplished people. We offer very competitive salary and benefits packages as well as the opportunity to expand skillsets acquired through internal growth.
This position is responsible for participating in the review and execution of financial, operational, and regulatory audits in accordance with the annual internal audit plan and developing plans and executing audits that properly address operational, financial, compliance, and technological risks. This position will be directly responsible for all aspects of the Internal Audit process including definition of audit scope, control evaluation, test activities, issue identification, review, resolution and internal audit reporting for assigned audit objectives.
Primary (Essential) Functions:
- Develop annual audit plan based on the objectives established by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors and Corporate Audit Mission.
- Review and execute tasks and projects described in the annual internal audit plan as both an individual performer and as a leader of a cross functional team.
- Develop and present quality audit reports with practical, actionable and effective recommendations which are consistent with current operating practices to subsidiaries, operating management and to corporate management. Subsequently evaluate the quality of actions proposed by client management.
- Supervise both internal and external staff assistants.
- Assist Management with process improvement and SOX documentation efforts.
- Apply audit practices and techniques in the performance of operational and financial audits, including the testing of internal controls as required to assist Management with assessing compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Assist in the preparation, compilation, summarization and review of detailed work papers to support conclusions and recommendations made in audit reports which are reported to Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Directly participate in the development and maintenance of Internal Audit policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance with consulting projects, special investigations, and/or special projects as requested by management or the Audit Committee. Such activities may include reviews for prevention and detection of potential fraud or to develop internal control recommendations.
- Directly assist external auditors in the performance of interim and year-end audits as deemed within the scope of the annual internal audit plan.
- Proven analytical ability and capability to multi-task and self-manage through multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, information systems, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of direct internal or external audit experience, with at least 3 years in a supervisory capacity. Big 4 experience a plus.
- CPA, CFE, CISA, CIA or other relevant designation is a plus
- Experience with fraud prevention/detection
- Ability to travel domestically, between 10 to 20% of time