Senior HR Director
- Irving, TX
JP Energy Partners is a growing midstream energy company specializing in the movement of crude oil, refined products and natural gas liquids in key basins and transportation gateways.
Throughout the Southwest and Midcontinent region of the United States, we own and operate midstream assets, including supply and logistics, terminal and storage services, and wholesale and retail marketing.
Our value proposition includes integrated services, a diversified portfolio of assets and superior customer service, positioning us as one of the most competitive, agile and trusted midstream growth companies in the country.
Position description: Reporting to the VP HR, the Sr. Director, Human Resources will have oversight of the daily management of the HR department to include: Talent Acquisition, Payroll, Compensation, Benefits, and Employee Relations and will drive the continued evolution of the HR function. This position is responsible for ensuring corporate programs are designed to attract, retain and motivate a highly skilled workforce while ensuring compliance with governmental regulations, internal equity and competitive pay structure. This position is responsible for managing a team of eight (6) that will support almost 1,000 employees over three divisions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, manage and motivate direct reports to perform at or above expectations in delivering effective payroll, benefit and compensation practices while building and maintaining internal customer relationships and accountabilities.
- Implement and apply HR processes, policies and standards in a way that fits the legislative and cultural environment. Recommend and champion change to policy and procedures where necessary.
- Will make decisions regarding HR administration processes, ongoing process and technology improvements, compliance, and acquisition integration. Manage improvement projects while maintaining day-to-day delivery and service levels.
- Act as a coach and source of advice on employee performance issues across all divisions - intervening where necessary to improve management and team effectiveness.
- Assists VP, HR in the development, preparation, and administration of company compensation program.
- Drive the organization’s benefits and 401(k) program to ensure proper and proactive development and maintenance, including the management of broker relationships, to ensure cost effective, quality performance and annual audit process.
Experience and Education:
- Seven to ten (7-10) years strong HR Generalist experience required
- Experience managing a workforce of at least 1000+ employees
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Integration experience preferred
- Must have experience managing an HR department across disciplines
- A proven expert in prioritization and negotiation with demonstrated ability to be effective in supporting multiple business leaders/ partners working in various locations across different business units.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment and deal with ambiguity; change agent
- Highly collaborative and action-oriented, with a leadership style characterized by strong influencing skills; someone who is a change agent who can build collaborative relationships across a matrixed organization.
- Confident with history of exhibiting strong personal initiative as someone who is willing to get out in the field, roll up their sleeves, and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Operationally focused with ability to think strategically and deliver tactically.
- Key skills include project management, influencing, negotiating, leadership, vendor management and analytical skills.
- Solid time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and function independently and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and written with employees at all levels.
- Very Strong Excel Knowledge including pivot tables and analysis.