CONSTRUCTION FIELD MANAGER
- Rochester, NY
We at JWN Recruitment, Inc. focus on locating and screening the best career opportunities for our job seekers and the most talented, qualified candidates for our employers. At JWN we connect expertise with opportunity to ensure that both the company and the candidate are completely satisfied.
Coordinate, schedule and supervise field activities with the Project Manager, ensuring profitability while maintaining customer satisfaction through quality and value. May be responsible for more than one project at a time.
- Thorough understanding of construction process, scheduling, cost control and project close-out
- Must be able to control and supervise multiple subcontractors
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to assure excellent customer relations
- Negotiating skills
- Decision making ability
- Thorough knowledge of materials, tools and techniques used in construction
- Ability to understand and use schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, blue prints and specifications
- Prioritize issues spontaneously in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to think strategically for the benefit of the organization
- Conflict resolution
- High level of integrity
- Highly developed work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree or equivalent technical training and/or experience
- Minimum eight years supervisory experience in construction of facilities of similar technology.
- Total familiarity with methods, equipment and work procedures for renovations and new construction for the residential/light commercial marketplace
- Ability to work with the “tools of the trade” a plus
- Plan and supervise the manpower, material, equipment, subcontractors, schedule and methods of construction for the project.
- Coordinate the work of all subcontractors, building inspectors, architects and engineers
- Ensure compliance with plans, specifications and schedule
- Assist resolution of construction problems
- Monitor sub contractor compliance with project safety requirements
- Provide liaison with material suppliers, subcontractors, architects, building inspectors to ensure project quality and schedule
- Schedule short term field operations
- Monitor costs of field operations
- Purchase/schedule timely delivery of all materials required for the project
- Maintain accurate daily diary, records and as built drawings
- Establish and maintain the highest degree of quality on the project
- Create and maintain a positive atmosphere with the architect, owner, subcontractors, suppliers and municipal authorities
- Familiarity of usage with AIA and other construction documents
- Motivate subcontractors and other field personnel to meet goals
- Support Company efforts for business development through customer service, community activities, lead generation and/or presentations.
- Build community relationships and enhance corporate image
- Active in solicitation and procurement of new work and clients
- Actively contribute to the marketing and public image of the organization
- Develops, tracks, and controls construction schedules to achieve completion of project within time allocated.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.