Associate Director, Staffing
- Rensselaer, NY
If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity—a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals—it’s time to consider our client as an employer.
Our client is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. They market three products in the United States. The client has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
The Associate Director of Staffing helps the business to attract, recruit, hire and retain great talent for IOPS (Industrial Operations & Product Supply). The Associate Director of Staffing will report to the Senior Director, Staffing in Tarrytown, NY and the Senior Director of Human Resources for IOPS to develop annual recruiting strategies in support of IOPS business objectives. The Associate Director of Staffing is responsible for building and establishing strategies, processes and programs to enable talent attraction and acquisition for the IOPS population. The Associate Director is accountable for establishing and developing effective working relationships with the business leaders to include communication and partnership with business leaders in order to develop, lead, and manage the recruitment process.
- Responsible for proactively sourcing candidates through internet external vehicles, cold-calling, networking, internet, employee referrals, internal movement and other creative sourcing venues.
- Recommends qualified candidates to hiring managers.
- Builds reputation of IOPS by providing successful candidate experience.
- Provides leadership and thought partnership to hiring managers, business partners and HR Generalist (HRG) by acting as a staffing consultant.
- Builds relationships across all departments and functions with the HRG’s and Talent Acquisition partners to share internal and external talent.
- Helps drive consistent internal mobility process as well supports across department development.
- Demonstrates an understanding and knowledge of industry information and competitive landscape.
- Responsible for embedding process, tools and systems within the business in order to improve hiring process.
- Delivers high quality work and demonstrates operational excellence through utilization of recruiting tools and resources; ensures quality and integrity of metrics through discipline in process.
- Responsible for ensuring the recruiting goals are met.
- Responsible for finalizing offer process, inclusive of reference checks, background screens and compensation requirements; manages the acceptance and declined offers of all candidates.
- Commits to supporting and driving key business and functional initiatives and achieving goal.
- Gathers stakeholder feedback from business leaders and Human Resources Generalists utilizes feedback to drive quality and effectiveness.
- Collaborates across recruiting teams to support process improvements and sharing of best practices.
- Manages assigned budget on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Significantly demonstrated expertise in selection and assessment methods.
- Able to manage multiple and shifting priorities, highly effective in dealing with ambiguity.
- High performance mind-set and sets high performance standards.
- Handles confidential information with discretion.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong technical capability to learn on-line recruiting applications.
- Advanced relationship management skills; ability to establish strong business partner relationships.
- Ability to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner; seen as a strategic partner.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment in a fast paced energetic culture.
- Strong project management support
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required along with a minimum of 8-10 years experience in Talent Acquisition.
- Experience in biotech or pharma required, (but may consider other relevant experience) along with recent experience in a high-volume recruiting environment.
Competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match, as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.