- 1555 Main St, Antioch, IL 60002, USA
James Hamlin & Co., P.C. is a licensed CPA firm helping clients maximize their profit potential while achieving and exceeding their business growth goals. In addition to accounting and tax services, James Hamlin & Co. assists clients through its related divisions of payroll, information technology and financial services. Established in 1964, James Hamlin & Co. is a second-generation, family-owned business with nearly 50 employees serving hundreds of businesses and thousands of individuals.
Do you enjoy trouble shooting computer issues? Do you love making people happy? Aren’t we all happy when our IT systems are running smoothly?
We are seeking a responsible, energetic and self-motivated individual with an entrepreneurial attitude who is capable of supporting Windows based networks in corporate small to medium sized business environments to join our IT consulting division, Vicinitech Inc.
The successful IT Technician:
- Must possess an in-depth understanding of networks, group policy, switches, firewalls and routers. (WatchGuard, Ubiquity or Sophos are preferred).
- Demonstrate experience with troubleshooting of all types of Windows OS, PC and related IT equipment with resolution.
- Must possess strong analytical and technical skills, task management and follow-thru experience using internal helpdesk system, detailed time reporting, entrepreneurial attitude/personality and rapid understanding of new hardware/software when exposed to them.
- Must maintain excellent verbal and written skills as candidate will be working with various clients onsite and remote thru phone and email. Your professionalism, outgoing personality, and attention to detail play a major role in client satisfaction and retention.
- Demonstrate competency working remotely to maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot systems both during and after hours. Must have an efficient workspace with high-speed internet when working remotely.
Consulting experience with administration of current Windows Server versions; Office 365; Azure or AWS and exposure to Citrix XenApp and RDS a plus. MSP experience a plus.
Also a plus if you have good understanding and skills related to all parts of data security, intrusion detection, level 1 data recovery and containment of volatile outbreaks of virus/spyware/malware.
Minimum Education Required: Technical 4-year degree preferred but not mandatory. Full or partial; current MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA credentials preferred. Citrix CCEA/CCIA preferred.
Experience Required: 5+ Years of current networking, PC and general IT experience with room to grow.
Expected Travel Time: Approximately 30% local travel to client sites predominately in the northern suburbs of Lake and Cook counties with coverage also in Wisconsin, Chicago Loop & surrounding metro areas. Offices are available for group meetings and workspace as needed.
Salary/Hours: Competitive compensation with benefits and bonus based on performance. 30% after-hours and weekends scheduled as required.
To be considered for employment with Vicinitech, you must pass a criminal background check along with competency and technical exams.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.