- Berkeley, CA
The Jewish Federation of the East Bay and The Jewish Community Foundation are dedicated to building a vibrant and inclusive local Jewish community and to enhancing the well-being of Jews in the East Bay, Israel, and throughout the world. The Federation’s Annual Campaign raises approximately $3 million to support programs, initiatives and organizations critical to a strong Jewish community. Our goal is to create a cutting edge, donor-centric next generation Federation. The Jewish Community Foundation, a $125 million charitable organization houses endowment funds that benefit the Jewish Community Federation and other local Jewish non-profit organizations. The Foundation also holds more than 200 donor-advised funds and is the umbrella for nearly a dozen supporting foundations.
The Development Associate is responsible for planning, promoting and implementing activities that ensure a successful annual Community Campaign. The position will also find and create opportunities to engage with groups and individuals who are not yet connected to the work of Federation with the goal of building their connection and involvement. This position reports to the Director of Development to help develop fundraising strategies, manage development and outreach events, and cultivate donors. The Development Associate works closely with volunteers and lay leaders to devise and implement campaign and outreach activities.
• Aid in executing fundraising plan to raise $3 million in individual contributions for annual Community Campaign
• Oversee several volunteer fundraising teams; responsible for raising Annual Campaign funds from donors giving $1000+ by:
o Ensuring that donors are assigned to volunteer and staff solicitors
o Training volunteers and staff to be effective solicitors
o Following up with solicitors toward successful completion of their assignments and providing support with challenging situations
• Lead in the management of the under $1,000 campaign, working alongside the Marketing department. This includes:
o Managing phone-a-thons
o Helping to create a direct marketing and email plan and materials to support all donor solicitation.
• Manage a small portfolio of donors with meaningful, measurable, donor interactions annually
• Cultivate and develop relationships with volunteer leaders and other local partner organizations.
• Participate in relevant community events to meet and engage prospective donors, and steward existing donors.
• Identify and cultivate perspective donors, volunteers, and new organizational leaders.
• Evaluate performance of all fundraising activities, and create an annual written analysis suggesting strategy changes for the future.
• Work in conjunction with Community Services Associate to plan, organize and implement annual campaign events such as parlor meetings, phone-a-thons, and major donor events.
• Highly organized and motivated
• Demonstrated skills in fundraising and event management
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to meet multiple deadlines and balance numerous projects
• Experience working in the Jewish community and knowledge of the local Jewish community
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality including the ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate
• Demonstrated ability to work within a team-based structure, in an individual contributor role
• Experience leading a team of volunteers
• Strong copy writing and editing skills
• Ability to handle confidential financial and personal information with discretion and sensitivity
• Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and CRM applications.
• Minimum 3 years working experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• Flexibility to staff occasional evening and weekend events
• Requires occasional travel to outside meetings and sites
The Jewish Federation of the East Bay offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage in addition to a retirement plan and paid vacation and sick leave. Please include resume and cover letter including salary history and expectation. Applications without all of the above will not be considered.
The Jewish Federation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
To apply, select the "I'm interested" button below. Please paste the text of your cover letter into the field marked "Your message to the hiring manager".