Senior Software Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
Jive is not like most companies. We are serious about changing the world. Making a difference. And having a lot of fun in the process. If you just want a job, Jive is not for you. But if you want your next career move to be a life-defining experience, then Jive will feel like home.
We’re looking for people who are wicked smart, passionate, fun, innovative, collaborative, courageous, social results producers and rainmakers.
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer you'll play a critical role in delivering market-leading software that millions of people use. This is no small feat, especially when dealing with enterprise customers.
As part of this team, you will work to make Jive a world-class development platform. Candidate must be passionate about creating APIs and Frameworks for other developers. You will utilize and contribute to open source technologies such as Apache Shindig, OpenGraph and OpenSocial APIs in order to allow 3rd party developers to build on and extend Jive. In this role you will actively engage with QA, product management, customer support, product design, UI, and the rest of the development organization to achieve your goals. You’ll have the distinct pleasure of being a hero to Jive's customers as you improve the product based on their feedback. To qualify you will need to be a talented Java engineer experienced in multi-tiered Web applications.
• Work with senior members of the engineering team on architecture, design and development
• Develop a platform and APIs to enable developers to extend Jive
• Collaborate with other development teams within Jive to make sure the platform and APIs meet their requirements.
• Define APIs and collaborate with partners to integrate applications using Web Services
• Contribute to client and server components of the platform
• Provide design leadership and technical assistance to other team members
• Must communicate effectively with management and peers
• Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, learn quickly and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• CS degree with strong academic performance preferred
• Experience building platforms and APIs
• Expert level Java and web programming background, including Java, Web services and Servlets
• Experience in design and coding for highly secure and scalable object-oriented commercial enterprise software
• Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals
• Excellent knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL
• Apache and Tomcat experience
Nice to have:
• Experience with Open Social and Apache Shindig