Product Manager - Design and Furniture
- Beirut, Lebanon
BEIT will be a e-commerce business with a focus on selling designer homeware and furniture in limited edition.
For now, the job is 2.5 days a week and the salary is to be confirmed.
There is a high possibility that the job will become full time from May onwards.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Doing some research on manufacturers in Lebanon and abroad (with the exception of a few items, where I take on the production)
Trying to find best quality manufacturers at low prices.
Finding adequate suppliers and manufacturers for the pieces.
Finding trustworthy and consistent suppliers.
- Taking care of invoicing and managing costs - to be sent to the accountant in the future. Making sure that invoices are signed and documented.
For example, if paid in cash in Lebanon, there will be a sample sheet from Beit, to be sent to the manufacturer.
Everything, needs to be documented on an excel sheet and sent to me after the end of the month to review all costs.
- Making sure deadlines are met by the manufacturer and the designers.
- Assure product quality control.
- Finding design and manufacturing solutions with the designers
- Liaising with certain designers to update them on production.
- Organising and managing product storage.
- Organising shipments (Manufacturer to Storage, Storage to Client, Storage to Storage in the EU).
- Organising a database on Excel which includes contacts of suppliers, costs of supplies, contact of designers etc.
- Knowledge in furniture making
- An interest in design
- Comfortable driving long distances
- Knowledge in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- AutoCAD/SketchUp/Rhino is a big plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.