- Bouar, Lebanon
We are architects, engineers, designers and communicators. We are lighting experts, specialised in the planning, implementing and manufacturing of light and lighting fixtures.
We design and build light. The light source and the luminaire. The application and the space. In-between design and build; that is our zone, at the overlap of reason and emotion. It is where we built our process-led ecosystem, where we rely on making connections and inciting dialogues in order to conceive a context-specific holistic lighting concept and provide all the instruments needed to implement it.
We operate an in-house manufacturing facility in Lebanon and maintain workshops in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Beirut, Bologna, Dubai, London and Stuttgart. Our spaces and people allow for hands-on exploration, discovery and testing ideas through mock-ups and prototypes. We work closely with our clients and collaborators, as well as each other. Our family has approximately 150 members and counting – working in 8 countries and 6 languages.
Our approach is always project-specific. There is no set recipe at hand. Each project is a new story and our aim is to generate a specific experience and response.
Our products are developed to interpret a space and solve a lighting need. Our aesthetics serve the same purpose. Attention to detail. Proportion and function. Because of this, our optical tools are our essential ingredients.
A self-motivated high-energy designer; someone who doesn’t like idle hands or idle minds and takes initiative to add value no matter the context.
A strategic thinker that relies on research, planning and prototyping.
A self-proclaimed nerd with OCD level attention to detail.
Someone who is curious and loves learning new things and collaborating with people to build teams that have a diverse skillset and knowledgebase.
Someone who is looking for a home not a job.
· Create design briefs and action plans for dedicated projects
· Present drafts and prototypes and adjust based on feedback and direction
· Review and assess existing communication and design materials
· Coordinate across teams to gather information and data needed
· Maintain awareness of industry and technology standards as well as production and material trends
· Manage multiple projects and schedules to reach goals and deadlines
· Provide design support and direction for teams
· Organize and manage our space: archiving, organization, labelling and accessibility
· Full-time position / Monday > Friday / 8:30am > 6:00pm
· Location on-site required / Bouar, Lebanon (5 minutes after Casino du Liban)
· Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
· Minimum 2-3 years of experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication (English)
· Excellent understanding of core design principles including typography, grids, color theory, and layout
· Experience with production, prototyping, creating mockups, binding and archiving
· Experience working with one Brand over a long period or working in-house for a brand
· Expert in Adobe Creative Suite apps
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Team
1. Resume (pdf attachment)
2. Portfolio (pdf attachment or link)
3. Cover letter (pdf attachment) explaining:
- why you would be a great fit for this position
- what you hope to achieve in the next 2-3 years
- what is one of your favorite brands and why
- choose a quote that describes your work mentality and culture
4. Email body to include:
- Questions or concerns about one of the application requirements
- Salary expectations/requirements
- Earliest available starting date
Please note that applications that don’t meet the requirements and checklist will not be considered.