Junior QA Specialist: For Manual Web Based Application Testing
- Riga, Latvia
- Employees can work remotely
Scandiweb is a Latvian company, which was kicked-off back in 2003 by two entrepreneurs sitting in a small room. They did everything by themselves – called customers, learned how to make designs, coded basic web pages, did support, trained, and implemented new ideas and projects.
I will tell you one thing that may make you remember Scandiweb, every time you do ... anything.
How is it possible?
- Think about cars for example… Ford, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, BMW, Jaguar or Land Rover? We built their sites to sell their cars.
- Wearing socks, maybe HappySocks? Well, we built their stores too!
- Applying L'Oreal or Lancome makeup? That's our customer!
- Running in PUMA shoes? Their eCommerce store was made by Scandiweb!
- Buying tickets at airBaltic.com or visiting THE MET museum in New York? Made in Scandiweb. Enjoying … hmm… yeah, we made an official Durex site too!
What will it be like as a Junior QA Specialist?
- You will work closely with developers and PM on some of the most awesome projects out there.
- As a Junior QA Specialist, you will carry out manual tests to ensure the web apps created meet the requirements. This will involve the analysis of apps to prevent issues and fixing bugs before the product is dispatched to customers and end-users.
- There will be a constant gain of knowledge of software development, QA methodologies & release processes.
- You will be presented with career growth opportunities to progress into learning to write automated tests using tools like Selenium.
- If you show above-average abilities during Education tasks, you can further continue your growth as a Project manager and work with projects from all over the world.
What is expected from a Junior QA Specialist?
- A great attitude, willingness to learn new web technologies
- Meticulous attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Professionalism to be respected or be really nice persons so that people listen / respect / like and follow you.
NOTE! If you are starting the work remotely you will need to have your own hardware setup. After the probation period hardware upgrade can be agreed upon.
What does it take to become a Junior QA Specialist?
- Apply to the job ad and we will send you the link to the application form
- Fill out the necessary details and we will get back to you very soon with the next steps
- Wonder what those are? Usually a phone call, test assignment and a technical interview
- Active and interesting Online Office - games, gatherings, discussions, activities…
- Crowdbonus - every month colleagues reward each other
- Optional flexible working hours
- Professional certification
- Commitment to your professional growth - we'll provide you with necessary courses, learning materials and mentorship to support your growth. You will work on interesting, complex and innovative projects with senior colleagues to help you adapt fast
- and more! You will find it out when you join the interview!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.