- Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
SD Recruitment is looking for a Procurement Officer for a well known company in the UAE who has established itself as a leading specialty contractor company serving over 1250 projects with a wide range of local, international, private and public clients, and a track record of reliability in delivering quality workings.
The company services include the supply and execution of civil engineering, concrete repairs and rehabilitation, injection, waterproofing, flooring, construction chemicals, structural strengthening and technical engineering solutions.
- Supervising execution, execution schedule and distribution of labor
- Supervising and evaluating the assistant projects manager's duties and responsibilities
- Regulating material deliveries with respect to cash flow
- Following up and supervising site requirements to assure smooth workflow
- Providing technical assistance for sites
- Following the site progress reports
- Making sure projects are executed within budgets (material and Manpower)
- Coordinating technical assistance with suppliers
- Recommending and supervising the training
- Monitoring the duration and financial conditions of ongoing projects
- Effectively implementing and monitoring the HSEMS and its related procedures in their respective departments and projects by assigning key personnel with HSE duties and responsibilities to ensure the proper identification of hazards and reporting of incidents
- Initiating improvement plans and upgrading the execution department
- Forecasting labour demand
- Implement leadership skills to promote overachievers. Assess and hold accountable the underperformers
- Teach and invest in existing team and new recruits
- Improve team and labour retention and share concerns and ideas with HR department to sustain company skills and talents
- Build strong relationship with the team to achieve operations and company target
- To cover company legally from claims and back charges and any other contractual risks
- Report and escalate concerns to management when needed
- Initiate an attempt to optimize productivity in jobs by different means such as material submittals, details, drawing details, material wastage and labour production
- Supervise and track material order (control wastage and production)
- Optimize the relationship with the consultants to specify Company products
- To implement a proper maintenance system with tools and machines
- Submittal of monthly and quarterly report on time as requested by management
- Keep on the lookout for better technical details and proper pricing
- Report and control the monthly tracking/monitoring of measurements, invoicing, payments, certificates and collection
- Track project performance, to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Able to upgrade the existing system
- Has proper planning and coordination skills, with good analytical skills
- Leadership skills where they should be able to retain/motivate the team and teach the site engineers how to lead the labor force.
- Strategic thinker with integrity
- Organized and meticulous.
- Has a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Good knowledge of Construction industry.
Languages: English and Arabic