Logistics and traffic coordinator
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Export Trade of America, Inc. - A company specialized in Export Management and International Sales since 1981
This is a diversified, traffic and logistics-oriented position. Remote work only. No commute. Minimum two years of export experience required.
• Daily you will be using a computer for a variety of tasks such as word processing, spreadsheets, preparing shipping manifests, e-mail correspondence with service providers, vendors, etc.
• Preparation of documents such as commercial invoices, bills of lading, packing list, certificate of origin, drafts, direct collection letters, SLI'S.
• Placing Purchase orders with suppliers.
• Booking space and positioning equipment with various suppliers.
• Communicate with various service providers (freight forwarders, steamship companies, airlines, truckers).
• Advising clients of the estimated ready date of their order. Once the order is shipped, inform the client.
• Fill out the Automated Export System (AES) and Export Declaration.
• Make sure banking and clearance documents arrive at the customer's bank or office prior to the arrival of the vessel to the port of discharge. Documents may involve certification and legalization.
• Follow up on the estimated ready dates of backorders.
• Upon request, supply your Sales Manager with ocean or air freight rates for various products to various overseas destinations.
• Make good notes of your conversations with vendors and customers and share the results with your co-workers by providing contact reports.
• Consolidations: Obtaining information from our warehouse when dealing with consolidations in order to provide our clients with timely shipping news.
During the interview (Zoom, Skype, or Facetime), we will discuss the contribution you can make to our operation. .
Good command of the English language is essential.
We are looking for a hardworking, self-starter.
Be well organized. Detail-oriented.
Computer literacy and accurate typing are essential.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.