Translator (Remote, Short-Term)
- Washington, DC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Enabling Peace in Iraq Center (EPIC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of peace and development in Iraq. Founded in 1998, EPIC is headquartered in Washington, DC, with a field office in Erbil. The Center has a long history of working directly with civil society leaders and communities across Iraq to support vulnerable populations, monitor human security, and inform public policy. EPIC’s ultimate vision is a safe and prosperous Iraq in which all citizens live free from want and fear, and with dignity. The Center is currently focused on supporting Iraqi efforts to improve governance and human rights, promote peace and recovery in conflict affected areas, and combat climate change while mitigating its impact on vulnerable populations.
We are looking for a highly qualified translator to translate our team's new report on Iraq's Tishreen protest movement from English to Arabic. The report is approximately 40,000 words in length, and it can be viewed and downloaded here: https://enablingpeace.org/what-we-do/projects-in-iraq/tishreen/
This is a remote, short-term contract opportunity
- Native or near native proficiency in Arabic and English
- Bachelor degree or higher in international affairs, political science, economics, literature, languages, history, middle east studies, or a related field
- Proven experience translating complex texts from English to Arabic and vice versa
- Familiarity with contemporary social and political dynamics in Iraq
- Strong attention to detail
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and recent examples of translation work as soon as possible and by no later than October 29, 2021. Please include “Translation Project" and your name in the subject line.