Awareness Analyst - TREFORIN
- Beirut, Lebanon
- Employees can work remotely
The KPI Institute is a research institute specialized in business performance. It operates research programs in 12 practice domains, ranging from strategy and KPIs to employee performance, and from customer service to innovation performance. Insights are disseminated through a variety of publications, subscriptions services, and through a knowledge platform available to registered members. Support in deploying these insights in practice is offered through training and advisory services.
The KPI Institute is considered today the global authority on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) research and education. It developed the first KPI Management Framework and operates www.smartkpis.com, the result of the research program dedicated to documenting and cataloguing how KPIs are used in practice, an online portal containing the largest collection of documented KPI examples.
In a world of accentuated change, understanding context and making informed decisions becomes ever more important. An initiative of The KPI Institute, TREFORIN acts as enabler in this process by providing research insights, learning experiences and advisory support for a better navigation of today’s operating environment. As a research institute, it operates three main programs: trends analysis, foresight and organizational intelligence.
Trends analysis: emerging ideas and current/future trends are important for organizations and individuals seeking to anchor their analysis on current data about the environment they are operating in.
Foresight: brings together foresight, forecasting and other future studies methods to document forward looking projections enabling current decision making.
Intelligence: with so much happening so fast and so many instruments available for deciphering the richness of intelligence sources, having clear framework for operationalising analysis in real time.
Certification training courses:
· Certified Trends Analysis Professional
· Certified Foresight Professional
· Certified Organizational Intelligence Professional
· Manage Intelligence Analysis
· Virtual Environment Analysis
· Tactical Internet Intelligence
· Historical insights for today’s challenges
About the job
1. Reasons to apply for the Awareness Analyst position:
- You will have opportunities to train your strengths and learn new skills;
- You will be part of a team whose work supports the management board;
- You will gain a unique view on world affairs, puzzling the story behind the news, and witnessing business developments as they happen.
2. The analyst duties:
- Act as main point for collection and analysis of information on business ecosystem issues related to the region of responsibility;
- Identify, monitor and assess trends in various fields, which might influence the business situation in the region assigned, and provide actionable recommendations;
- Analyze events in the competence area with a view to provide early warning advice;
- Prepare analytical reports and papers on matters of business interest: draft briefings, background notes, talking notes for the board;
- Maintain contacts with other entities within organization and beyond;
- Contribute to the organization’s situational understanding in support of planning, execution and assessment of business operations;
- Interact with networks of experts within and/or external to the organisation to achieve a holistic understanding of potential crisis areas, business related;
- Facilitate dialogue and conduct collaborative analysis with other teams and/or external analytical capacities;
- Propose appropriate analytical methods and problem-solving approaches, and apply other methods as directed by the organization’s board;
- Generates clear and actionable products for decision makers and staff; to include alternatives and explanatory presentation;
- Follow guidelines on standardizing organization’s information acquisition, storage, protection and dissemination.
1. Education and work experience:
- University studies or higher secondary education and intermediate vocational training;
- Familiar with computer-based activity and internet virtual environment;
- Possess the following minimum level of English: “Professional”;
- 3 years of work experience (desirable);
2. Personal skills / competencies:
- Achievement: Desire to meet requirements;
- Target Interest: Passion and curiosity for exploring and investigating all the available information sources;
- Analytical Thinking: Perceives basic relationships, and understands technical data (apart from having a technical background);
- Conceptual Thinking: Notices key-information topic related; identifies patterns based on life/work experience; clarify data or situations;
- Technical knowledge: Familiarity with on-line media and communication systems;
- Customer Orientation: Takes personal responsibility for addressing needs and correcting problems;
- Empathy: Decodes non-verbal language and understands meanings;
- Impact and Influence: Applies alternatives to persuade;
- Initiative: Quick action makes the difference in a time-sensitive situation;
- Organizational Awareness: Understands organizational environment; Respects standards and organizational policies and procedures;
- Clarity and Accuracy: Checks own /others work, observes inadvertences;
- Teamwork: Collaborates, solicits inputs, asks for help, encourages others.