Johns Manville, a Berkshire Hathaway company (NYSE: BRK.A, BRK.B), is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality products for building insulation, mechanical insulation, commercial roofing, and roof insulation, as well as fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. JM serves markets that include aerospace, automotive and transportation, air handling, appliance, HVAC, pipe and equipment, filtration, waterproofing, building, flooring, interiors and wind energy. In business since 1858, the Denver-based company has annual sales of approximately $2.5 billion and holds leadership positions in all of the key markets that it serves. JM employs approximately 7,000 people and operates 45 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and China.
Manages direct raw materials used in manufacturing finished products, direct raw materials and services. This includes managing supplier relationships and negotiating Supply Agreements to ensure JM maintains a competitive manufacturing cost position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a liaison between business, supply chain and finance to deliver what is needed for supply chain for the financial close process.
- Complete al reporting needed.
- Act as a support network for supply chain to challenge forecasting assumptions rolling up to a reasonable inflation for the business.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for 20-60 direct raw materials, indirect products and services, and trading goods for resale with annual spend of $30-75M that may include: - Private labeled products and accessories
- Process chemicals / Water treatmen to Glyoxalo - Manage chemical tolling relationships - DAP-Ammonium Sulfate -Urea-Other related commodities as assigned
- Be a liaison with the Supply Chain Sourcing and Commodity Managers, and the JM Business Unit Product Managers: -Lead and support projects with multi-functional teams to qualify new suppliers. -Lead and support projects with multi-functional teams to identify alternate materials. -Lead and support projects with multi-functional teams to optimize supply chain reducing costs. -Support initiatives for new product development.
- Develop and implement cost reduction projects, establishes and maintains updated monthly scorecard metrics that are presented to Supply Chain and Business Unit leadership.
- Ensure uninterrupted and sustainable supply of direct materials to JM facilities.
- Conducts supplier workshops to identify annual cost savings opportunities and manages the activities to achieve the established cost reduction goal to ensure JM maintains a competitive position.
- Managing all suppliers for contract compliance.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Education and Work Experience:
- 4 year degree - Supply Chain / Engineering / Business, or other related field
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in sourcing with a major company
Knowledge and Skills:
- Commodity Management – Solid
- Contract Negotiating – Basic
- Contract Development – Basic
- Contract Law – Basic
- Managing Supplier Relationships – Basic
- Verbal Communications – Solid
- Professional Presentations – Basic
- Analytical Skills – Solid
- Financial Analysis – Basic
- Improve Working Capital – Basic
- Think Strategically – Basic
- E-Sourcing – Basic
- Environmental Regulations – Basic
- OSHA – Basic
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.