SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for all phases of pilot scale catalyst preparation and execution of laboratory experiments. Skilled in the preparation of a broad range of catalyst types. Also responsible for efficient organization of his/her own time, careful documentation of all experiments and preparations, and compliance with all safety procedures.
- Handle all chemicals in a safe and proper with regard to chemical properties and procedures listed on MSDS sheets. Properly dispose of waste generated by preparations and experiments. Follow all JM safety procedures, and wear appropriate safety equipment in defined areas.
- Prepare standard catalysts in support of Development programs and carry out standard calculations without supervision.
- Prepare novel catalysts in support of Development programs with minimal supervision and develop procedures for novel catalysts with moderate supervision, adhering to program plans and meeting quality requirements as defined by sponsor. Carry out non-standard calculation given an appropriate example.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of catalyst preparation and experimental data. Use laboratory notebook or ISO forms according to policy where appropriate. Provide summaries of data and prepare description sheets in the ISO format.
- Organize time to meet deadlines for assigned work. Communicate with DAS, CEL, Pilot Plant and other appropriate groups as required to adhere to work schedule.
- Clearly explain purpose of experimental work, describe experimental procedures and observations, and summarize results in writing.
- Perform data analysis and display using the computer. Utilize spreadsheets and word processing software and electronic mail.
- Maintain inventory of experimental samples. Responsible for accurate accounting of PGM following defined procedures.
- Carry our pilot plant responsibilities, meeting requirements as defined by the Supervisor.
- Operate all equipment and laboratory apparatus for catalyst preparation and experimental studies in a safe manner and keep working areas safe and clean.
- Assist in training new PcD personnel.
- Comply with all environmental & health and safety federal, state, local regulations and company policies.