Security Guard Part Time Yonkers
- Yonkers, NY
Johnson Security Bureau, Inc. has been providing professional transport, guard, patrol and protective services for the past forty-nine years. Based in the Bronx, Johnson Security was founded in 1962 in New York State. As a third generation, family-owned and operated enterprise, Johnson Security has established an impeccable record of providing our clients with peace of mind.
Johnson Security Bureau, Inc. (JSB) security officers are to observe and enforce the security operating procedures (SOP) and post orders to protect life and property. Security Officers may be assigned to fixed posts and/or mobile patrol within the interior or exterior of the site. Expected skills and competencies necessary to perform duties including but not limited to:
- Providing clear direction, information and assistance to client visitors, guests, vendors and employees in a professional, pleasant and courteous fashion
- Visually inspecting all visitor, vendor and employee access badges to verify that the authorized holder is the individual presenting the badge to prevent unauthorized access to the property
- Maintaining surveillance and reporting of any suspicious persons and/or packages
- Performing access control
- Assist building personnel in providing proper instructions and directions during emergencies
- Valid Security Guard registration and training certificates as required by the applicable State Licensing Agency.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Command of the English language and ability to be clearly understood in English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills to include Microsoft Office
- Satisfactory driving record (if required to operate company-owned vehicle)
- Professional Demeanor and Appearance
- High Level of Integrity
- Strong Work Ethic
- Customer service orientated
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with other security team members
- Prior proven experience – 2 years
Starting Pay Range: $12.00 – $13.00 per hour (commensurate with experience)
Available Shifts: Afternoon & overnight
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.