Civil Engineer - Water Treatment - Long term contract
- San Jose, CA
- Operations, services and activities of a comprehensive civil engineering capital improvement program with emphasis on flood control and water supply, storage, treatment and distribution systems and facilities
- Advanced principles and practices of civil engineering design and construction
- Principles and practices of:
- geotechnical and environmental engineering;
- hydrology, hydraulics, structural design, and water treatment fundamentals related to flood control, water
- quality and water supply as assigned;
- project scheduling, management, budgeting and engineering cost estimating; and
- contract administration and management, lead supervision and training
- Civil engineering theory and design concepts for flood control/hydraulic structures, buildings, bridges, pipelines, dams and water treatment plants
- Water chemistry, treatment processes and plant operations including bench and pilot scale analytical methods for water treatment processes
- Geotechnical applications in the design of levees, earth-fill dams, soil stability analysis, ground water quality monitoring and contamination investigation and cleanup
- Geomorphological and biotechnical applications in the design of channels and slope protection works
- Construction methods, materials, specifications and codes
- Methods and techniques:
- of conducting site investigations and inspections;
- of evaluating and negotiating construction change orders and claims;
- of preparing civil engineering drawings, specifications and construction plans; and
- used in civil engineering report preparation
- Advanced engineering mathematics, economics and statistical analysis
- Professional civil engineering principles, codes and standards
- Pertinent Federal, State and local standards, codes, laws and regulations
Required Skills and Abilities
- Lead, coordinate and oversee civil engineering studies; planning, design and construction projects; and programs. Plan, direct, assign and review the work of assigned staff.
- Apply engineering principles and computer programs to the solution of engineering problems.
- Conduct bench scale, pilot scale treatment process analysis, and various engineering studies to recommend engineering solutions.
- Prepare, interpret, review and certify drawings, graphs, plans and specifications, revisions to engineering plans, drawings and specifications.
- Access capabilities and physical plant improvements necessary for ensuring continued compliance with changing water quality regulations.
- Prepare a variety of technical and administrative reports and documents.
- Set project priorities and exercise sound independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Provide training and technical support to assigned staff.
- Participate in the administration and preparation of assigned contracts.
Must have a valid Civil Engineering license
Must be a US Person
Must have water or water treatment experience