- The Quality Technician is responsible to measure parts and audit processes to make sure the parts meet customer and regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing Final and In-process inspection of machined parts, incoming components and/or raw materials.
- Performs measurements and visual inspections of machined parts.
- Program and Operate CMM and use of other measurement equipment.
- Uses in-house and customer specifications for performing dimensional and cosmetic inspection.
- Will be required to generate QA shipping documents
- Documents all non-conformances found in NC Database.
- May be required to generate or revise inspection procedures.
- Performs all other duties as required by department supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication required.
- Proficient in GD&T
- Must have working knowledge of reading drawings and operating CMM.
- Basic computer literacy (MS Office) and ability to work in a team environment required.
- Working knowledge of inspection equipment required.
- Knowledge of analytical quality control tools such as SPC, CpK a plus.
- Experience on machining operations a plus.
- Experience in programming CMM’s a plus
- Must be able to work flexible schedules and overtime, when necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Some technician coursework and AA Degree preferred.
- ASQ Certification preferred (Quality Technician, Quality Inspector)
- Work Experience: Must have a minimum of 5 years quality control experience in a manufacturing environment; preferred in companies certified in ISO9001, ISO13485, ISO/TS16949, AS9100 or similar.
- Experience in semiconductor capital equipment, automotive or aerospace industries preferred; Direct experience in machining operations a plus.