Director of Corporate Partnerships - Volunteer
- 1904 3rd Ave Suite 417
We are Jolkona, a nonprofit tech startup based in Seattle, WA. We offer a solution to people who want to see exactly where their donation dollars go by connecting them with global philanthropic projects via our network of partners (for as little as $5!). Every donation made on Jolkona goes straight to the project chosen, and every donor receives one-to-one level proof of feedback – whether it’s a photo, a story, or a video – allowing each donor to see the exact impact that they have made. Our mission is to create a ripple effect of change and show the world that everyone can change the world today.
Jolkona is powered by two fulltime employees and 20+ skilled volunteers and interns. We are young, passionate, and out to change the face of philanthropy.
Mission: To connect people with global philanthropic opportunities and show the impact of one’s donations.
Do you love and have a knack for connecting with individuals you just meet? Do you walk into a room and instantly make connections with others? Jolkona is looking for a Director of Corporate Partnerships to blaze the trail for researching, connecting, and securing Corporate Partnerships.
Jolkona is looking for a smart, savvy, up-and-coming sales rock star that is looking to build experience in sales, marketing, and partner management. We’re looking for someone to manage and connect with our corporate partners and play a crucial role in expanding the reach and visibility of Jolkona within the corporate world.
- Start conversations that engage Jolkona’s corporate community and introduce new communities to our mission and vision.
- Research, identify, and engage with individuals that want to work with Jolkona & our mission.
- Manage and build relationships with our community and those communities of our Corporate Partners.
- Prepare action plans for effective search of leads and prospects.
- Creates and conducts proposals and presentations for Corporate Partners.
- Manage and delegate tasks to the Corporate Partnership team
- Recruit CSR executives to work as a seamless team
- Provide timely feedback to senior leadership regarding performance
Ideal Experience & Qualifications:
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Not afraid to get on the phone and make cold calls
- Able to close deals
- Prefer experience with CSR, but not required
- Ability to delegate tasks when needed
- 5-8 hours a week, usually split over 3 days a week in our office in downtown Seattle or from remote locations.
- Our office is laid back and fun, though it’s BYOC (bring your own computer).
- Must be able to attend bi-weekly team meetings.
- Must be able to attend all company-wide meetings once per month.
- Exposure to the startup nonprofit world as well as make corporate connections
- Opportunity to place this position and company on your resume
- Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of tasks
- Referrals on LinkedIn
- Ability to build on your portfolio
- Credit offered at most Universities (please ask for specific credit questions)
- Experience working in a growing and fast paced, startup environment