- Seattle, WA
We are Jolkona, a nonprofit tech startup based in Seattle, WA. We offer a solution to people who want to see exactly where their donation dollars go by connecting them with global philanthropic projects via our network of partners (for as little as $5!). Every donation made on Jolkona goes straight to the project chosen, and every donor receives one-to-one level proof of feedback – whether it’s a photo, a story, or a video – allowing each donor to see the exact impact that they have made. Our mission is to create a ripple effect of change and show the world that everyone can change the world today.
Jolkona is powered by four employees and 20+ skilled volunteers and interns. We are young, passionate, and out to change the face of philanthropy.
Mission: To connect people with global philanthropic opportunities and show the impact of one’s donations.
We are looking for someone who would manage, grow relationships with the donors and create
key strategies, initiatives for donor engagement and recognition. Development Coordinator will
also play a key role in strategically designing, effectively executing key fundraising activities
and pursuing grants opportunities.
- Responsible for identification, research and solicitation of new donors and grant opportunities.
- Manage donor relationships with Jolkona through donor acknowledgement, recognition and continued donor engagement.
- Create and manage a master donor Stewardship plan.
- Development of all necessary acknowledgement templates, tools and processes required for the donor engagement plan.
- Responsible for the execution of donor engagement plan effectively and ensure that the details are compiled and communicated to Jolkona leadership team and other partner organizations.
- Manage the monthly giving program, sponsorship activities and maintenance of the donor data.
- Ability to maintain Salesforce Program and train other staff as needed. Also provide guidance to other Jolkona members on how to do donor stewardship.
- Collaborate with the team to plan and execute fundraising events effectively that advances donor involvement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in fund raising or equivalent client focused environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to make effective presentations.
- Prior experience in maintaining donor data and tracking systems.
- Prior experience managing programs involving donor engagement.
- Experience using CRM software especially Salesforce and thorough knowledge of MS office.
- Involvement in industry networking groups such as Northwest Development Officers Association (NDOA) or Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
- Understanding of individual donor needs and perceptions.
Must have strong organization skills, decision-making skills, great attention to detail,
ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain confidentiality.
- Team player who can take direction and also work independently.
- Creative thinking with excellent customer support skills and service orientation.
- Positive, helpful attitude and the desire to work in a non-profit environment.
- Part-time- 20+ hours/ week
- Our office is laid back and fun, though it’s BYOC (bring your own computer—although one can be arranged if needed).
- Must be able to attend all company wide meetings (usually one every month).
- Experience working in a growing and fast paced start-up non-profit environment.
- Ability to work with a team of passionate young professionals dedicated to helping change the world.
- Competitive hourly pay with opportunity to grow into full-time position.
- Referrals on LinkedIn.
- Ability to build on your portfolio.
- Opportunity to help build the sustainability of an innovative and growing non-profit.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send the following to:
• Cover letter
• Current resume
• 3 referrals/references