Graphic Design Internship
- Seattle, WA
We are Jolkona, a nonprofit tech startup based in Seattle, WA. We offer a solution to people who want to see exactly where their donation dollars go by connecting them with global philanthropic projects via our network of partners (for as little as $5!). Every donation made on Jolkona goes straight to the project chosen, and every donor receives one-to-one level proof of feedback – whether it’s a photo, a story, or a video – allowing each donor to see the exact impact that they have made. Our mission is to create a ripple effect of change and show the world that everyone can change the world today.
Jolkona is powered by three employees and 20+ skilled volunteers and interns. We are young, passionate, and out to change the face of philanthropy.
Mission: To connect people with global philanthropic opportunities and show the impact of one’s donations.
Do you have an eye for design? Do you have a favorite typeface, an appreciation of whitespace, and mad layout skills? Want to gain job experience while interning with a group of passionate your professionals who are changing the face of philanthropy?
Jolkona is looking for a graphic designer to make our online and print efforts more, well, visual. You will help design print and web collateral for Jolkona’s brand, campaigns, and various events and marketing activities. We offer a fun, collaborative environment and an opportunity to make an impact!
- Work with Communications team to execute on Jolkona’s various design needs. Some examples of projects include: designing Jolkona Twitter background, marketing collateral, and campaign logos.
- Collaborate with the team to design Jolkona’s media kit.
- Drive concept development and design of Jolkona’s branding standards guide.
- Other design projects as assigned.
Ideal Experience & Qualifications:
- Strong sense of design, typography, and layout skills
- Working knowledge of industry standard design software (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Currently pursing or recently graduated with a degree in graphic design, visual design, art.
/***This position is Volunteer/Unpaid***/
- 10-20 hours a week, usually split over 3 days in our office in downtown Seattle.
- Our office is laid back and fun, though it’s BYOC (bring your own computer and software).
- Must be able to attend all company wide meetings (usually one every other month).
- Exposure to the startup nonprofit world
- Letter of recommendation upon successful completion of tasks
- Referrals on LinkedIn
- Ability to build on your portfolio
- Credit offered at most Universities (please ask for specific credit questions)
- Experience working in a growing and fast paced micro-giving environment
If you are interested in applying for this position please send the following to:
· Link to portfolio or sample pieces
· Cover letter with one professional reference