Fall Communications Intern
- Washington, DC
Justice at Stake is a bipartisan nonprofit organization focusing on protecting fair and
impartial courts and advocating for judicial selection reform and diversity on the bench.
Our activities include a highly visible, ongoing effort to track and expose spending and
partisan pressure in state judicial elections, which has garnered extensive media
Our recent Communications interns have contributed to our research,
• Monitoring state elections databases and public files for evidence of television
advertising bookings, and compiling databases of records and costs.
• In conjunction with the Brennan Center for Justice at NYU and the National
Institute on Money in State Politics, we produce a major report, The New Politics
of Judicial Elections, which is a comprehensive look at money and politics in judicial
• Assisting our state affairs team with its work to build in state coalitions
supporting fair courts. Interns will assist with all of these projects.
• Blogging for our fair-courts news blog Gavel grab.
• Preparing our daily Media Monitoring compendium of fair courts news clips.
• Helping to maintain our website.
• Taking part in social media activities.
• Supporting gatherings and events.
• Attending internal meetings in which media outreach as well as important
strategy and policy decision are determined.
Hours are 8:30-4:30 Monday-Friday.
Please contact Laurie Kinney, Director of Communications and Public Education.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be well organized and detail oriented.
• Have excellent writing skills.
• Interest in democracy, the law, the justice system, public policy and politics.