Project Manager / Senior Project Manager
- Toronto, Canada
K2 Digital is shaping the future of digital solutions for both B2C and B2B. We specialize in solving complex marketing, sales and operational problems through strategy, thought leadership and a consultative process to deliver creative technology solutions that drive business growth and efficiencies. We’re growing – fast – but we’re doing it right, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. Founded by Klick Inc., the sole recipient of the triple crown of Canada’s most recognized awards: Best Employers, Best Managed and Fastest Growing Technology Company in North America, We are looking for smart, ambitious game changers that can help us achieve our vision. We want you to grow with us, be our next thought leader, jump right in and make a difference and have a ton of fun doing it.
K2 Digital is looking to hire a Senior Project Manager. A Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of large multi-phase projects ($250,000+) and/or managing multiple client projects simultaneously. K2 PMs work with the Account and Business Development teams to win and manage the project engagement and step up for multiple projects across a variety of industries with a variety of solutions.
A qualified candidate will have exceptional project management, client partnering and leadership skills, as well as a proven track record managing concurrent projects and multi-disciplinary teams, delivering projects on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction. The candidate should have career experience with custom application development projects as well as digital agency/ marketing website and campaign-types of project experience expertise.
Success in this role is measured by performance against a defined set of metrics including project revenue, participation in and effective use of internal systems, processes and team interaction, accuracy of estimates, and superior client satisfaction.
- Participate in pre-sales meetings and provide sales support for K2 Digital Account Managers
- Manage and deliver multiple concurrent projects on budget and on schedule
- Manage all aspects of project: scope, risk, schedule, budget, quality, and communication
- Manage all project-related requests with the client
- Perform requirements gathering sessions with internal and external stakeholders and document the outcomes
- Generate ideas and solutions which address stakeholder requirements and align with corporate core competencies
- Prepare and consistently update project documentation: WBS, Gantt Charts, specifications, status reports, change requests, etc.
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams through all phases of the project life cycle, providing support, coaching, motivation and inspiration
- Participate in internal post-project reviews, internal process initiatives and proactively improve PMO templates and processes
- Work closely with the K2 Digital Account Managers, communicate with clients and teams on an ongoing basis to ensure changing resource and project requirements are documented, understood, and clearly presented
- May be required to manage overall client relationship from a production perspective across projects managed by peers
- Leverage project knowledge and client relationships to assist in revenue growth within the account
- Develop maintenance agreements and support completed projects post launch and between large initiatives
- PMP certification preferred but not required
- An undergraduate degree and/or equivalent experience and the successful completion of project management courses
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with software development or technical project management, digital agency experience is an asset. Have had the title of Sr Project Manager previously.
- Experience with proposal and/or consulting engagements
- Proficient in the direct management of cross-functional production teams
- A track record, supported by references, of delivering complex projects on time and on budget while maintaining effective client and team relationships
- Knowledge of project management tools, best practices and processes
- Project experience with internet technologies as they relate to custom application development
- Client and project experience with marketing directives on the web and development web-based marketing solutions (presence websites, campaigns, contests, etc)
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new technologies and environments
- Ability to juggle multiple projects concurrently
- Highly developed communication and leadership skills – for client and internal
- Excellent verbal communication and professional writing skills
- Superior meeting and time management skills
- Effective troubleshooting and problem solving skills to aid in the identification of root cause issues and develop creative solutions
- Calm and patient under pressure
- Thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Team oriented
- Assertive and proactive
- Able to adjust perspective from the big picture, to a fine level of detail as appropriate
- Anticipates and manages risk
Thanks for your interest in K2 Digital!
K2 Digital is proud to be a Klick Inc. company