Director of Technology Solutions
- Toronto, Canada
K2 Digital is shaping the future of digital solutions for both B2C and B2B. We specialize in solving complex marketing, sales and operational problems through strategy, thought leadership and a consultative process to deliver creative technology solutions that drive business growth and efficiencies. We’re growing – fast – but we’re doing it right, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. Founded by Klick Inc., the sole recipient of the triple crown of Canada’s most recognized awards: Best Employers, Best Managed and Fastest Growing Technology Company in North America, We are looking for smart, ambitious game changers that can help us achieve our vision. We want you to grow with us, be our next thought leader, jump right in and make a difference and have a ton of fun doing it.
The Technology Solutions Architect supports sales productivity thought to the deal close. The TSA will use his/her collaboration, experience, ingenuity, research and problem solving skills to develop solution options.
The TSA collaborates with client, sales, business analysts, and the technology delivery team to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers, and are evaluated internally to ensure solution viability.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with or knowledge of following:
- Web frameworks (e.g. ASP.NET and/or Java Spring)
- Web content management systems
- Mobile solutions development (mobile web and mobile app)
- CRM systems (e.g. Dynamics CRM, SalesForce, Oracle, etc)
- ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Dynamics AX)
- Data mart / data warehousing and ETL
- BI and data visualization tools
- Able to depict complex technology solutions into visuals a for proposals and presentation material using appropriate tools (e.g. Visio, PowerPoint , and MS Office)
- Able to compose compelling solution descriptions, including options, assumptions, options recommendations.
- Minimum 3 years software solution design and architecture
- Minimum 3 years software solution estimations
- Experience in pre-sales technology support
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with client presentations
- Hands on experience, responding to RFP/RFI/RFQ and preparing Statements of Work and Technical Proposals
- Experince managing 3rd party technology vendors
- Key participant is answering RFI/RFQ/RFP and proposal generation
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends optimum solutions, ensuring appropriate support internal capabilities and support for the proposed technology solution
- Work closely with implementation teams to produce estimates of effort/cost, risk and assumptions for proposed solutions
- Follows and shares market technological needs and evolution within the K2 technology practice areas
- Facilitates the transition between sales and technology implementation team
- Ambitious, looking to grow as a solution designer and mentor
- Desire to understand the full scope of assigned projects and add value wherever possible
- Passionate about technology
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong desire to research and learn
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented fashion without losing sight of the overall picture
- Comfortable working in ambiguity
- A university degree in something technical is preferred; your experience also speaks to what you didn’t learn in a classroom.
- Toronto office environment
- Working with and at client’s offices
- Aprox 25% travel