- McLean, VA
K3 Solutions, LLC (K3) is a leading technical solutions and services company, that offers a broad range of expertise in systems modernization efforts, applications support, and business process management services. Our collaborative approach, innovative solutions, and focus on adding value provides our clients with a cost-effective path to addressing, managing, and achieving all of their mission objectives and business goals.
The System Administrator is primarily responsible for providing IT Engineering services in the areas of Data Center, Network, Storage, Server and core services in these stacks.. Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
The System Administrator is responsible for the following:
- Introducing new infrastructure technologies aligned with Infrastructure Architecture by doing proof-of-concept of new technology for the potential opportunity to provide better or transform infrastructure capabilities and services.
- Design and engineering the solution for new infrastructure technology and support operation to implement the solution
- Identify the redesign/re-engineering opportunity in the existing infrastructures to provide better or transform infrastructure capabilities and services, including engineering the solution for the major version upgrade of the infrastructures
- Document engineering solution for existing infrastructures if not existing so operation can support the infrastructure effectively
- Provide subject matter expertise consulting to other teams in the areas of platform infrastructure engineering
- Provide L3 engineering and problem resolution support where there are critical issues in operation that either impact IT services or are escalated by IT Operation and other teams, including root cause analysis and knowledge sharing.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Active Directory Domains integration and interaction with the network, Group Policy, Anti-Virus applications, DHCP, DNS, and WINS.
- Excellent knowledge of VMWare ESXi 3.5/4/4.1/5.0/5.1.
- Knowledge of Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010 in a clustered environment.
- Strong understanding on Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage, storage system capacity and performance, fiber channel, NFS, iSCSI, and FCOE protocols.
- Strong knowledge of backup solutions, such as Symantec Commvault Simpana 8/9, tape and VTL, backup to disk, snapshots, scheduling and backup windows.
- Knowledge Citrix XenApp 6.0 and above.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012.
- Knowledge of SCCM 2012, including patch management, software deploy, and inventory.
- Knowledge of networking infrastructures, including switching and routing, LAN, WAN, VPN, etc.
Experience with server hardware, such as IBM, HP, Cisco or Dell blade center or rack-mount servers that have x86 CPUs, RAM, PCIe and other expansions cards, disks, network adapters, storage controllers, power supplies, and KVM-based systems.
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related discipline with significant technical and mathematical programming experience.
US citizenship required.
Security Clearance Requirement
U.S. Citizens only
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.