- McLean, VA
K3 Solutions, LLC (K3) is a leading technical solutions and services company, that offers a broad range of expertise in systems modernization efforts, applications support, and business process management services. Our collaborative approach, innovative solutions, and focus on adding value provides our clients with a cost-effective path to addressing, managing, and achieving all of their mission objectives and business goals.
The Storage Engineer is primarily responsible for providing IT Engineering services in the areas of Data Center, Network, Storage, Server and core services in these stacks.. Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
The Storage Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Introducing new infrastructure technologies aligned with Infrastructure Architecture by doing proof-of-concept of new technology for the potential opportunity to provide better or transform infrastructure capabilities and services.
- Design and engineering the solution for new infrastructure technology and support operation to implement the solution
- Identify the redesign/re-engineering opportunity in the existing infrastructures to provide better or transform infrastructure capabilities and services, including engineering the solution for the major version upgrade of the infrastructures
- Document engineering solution for existing infrastructures if not existing so operation can support the infrastructure effectively
- Provide subject matter expertise consulting to other teams in the areas of platform infrastructure engineering
- Provide L3 engineering and problem resolution support where there are critical issues in operation that either impact IT services or are escalated by IT Operation and other teams, including root cause analysis and knowledge sharing.
The position requires 7+ years of prior corporate experience, preferably in financial industry, on installations, configurations, allocations, and migrations in the following areas:
- EMC VMAX/DMX, VNX/CX, Centera and VPLEX SAN storage solutions
- NetApp FAS series and EMC VNX NAS storage solutions
- Brocade SAN directors and FCIP routers
- Backup technologies on EMC Data Domain, IBM TSM and tape libraries
- Storage replication methods SRDF, SnapMirror, and RecoverPoint
- Tool sets such as SMC, SPA, Unisphere, OneCommand, ESRS, BNA, vSphere/vCenter
- Datacenter migration methods and disaster recovery implementations
Solid understanding on the following skills is needed as well:
- AIX, Linux, Solaris, and Windows Operating systems on physical and ESX virtual environments, Oracle, Sybase, SQL, DB2 databases,
- TCP/IP Networking
- Veritas and native UNIX and Windows LVM software
- PowerPath and native UNIX and Windows multi-path software
- ESX VMware SRM Integration with EMC SRDF, RPA solutions
- MSCS, HACMP, and VCS clustering solutions
Adherence to corporate policies, rules and regulations
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related discipline with significant technical and mathematical programming experience.
US citizenship required.
Security Clearance Requirement
U.S. Citizens only
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.