- Washington, DC
K3 Solutions, LLC (K3) is a leading technical solutions and services company, that offers a broad range of expertise in systems modernization efforts, applications support, and business process management services. Our collaborative approach, innovative solutions, and focus on adding value provides our clients with a cost-effective path to addressing, managing, and achieving all of their mission objectives and business goals.
The Test Engineer will develop approach, methods, tools and templates to conduct operational testing activities that employ users in their operational environment performing tasks in an operationally realistic or representative environment to assess risk specific factors of operational effectiveness, operational suitability, and survivability and security. The Testers will work as government contractors supporting an Independent Verification and Validation project and will be responsible for analyzing applications, systems and related customer/development requirements for the design, development, and execution of the corresponding test scenarios and test cases.
- Provides inputs to or develops testing policies, practices and procedures that meet the full lifecycle needs for the enterprise and the project.
- Develops/provides input to plans, documents and related testing artifacts.
- Provides input to or prepares test plans.
- Contributes to other project/program plans as required (e.g., PMP, QAP, IV&V Plans, etc.).
- May participate in QA or vendor evaluations in accordance with QAP, QASP IV&V or other Plans. Develops/contributes to test artifacts (test strategy, test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test datasets, test reports, test scripts, etc.), risks, and testing approaches.
- Performs testing (functional non-functional requirements, performance, load, stress, end-to-end, regression, defect removal, alpha/beta, scenario and others), and analyzes and reports test results.
- Participates/contributes to testing activity performance metrics definition, collection, analysis and reporting.
- Employs and improves test-related process assets.
- May participate in SDLC gate reviews as required; reviews and makes recommendations concerning product test readiness and test environment readiness.
- Verifies product testability.
- Communicates testing results and activities status to stakeholders.
- Ensures testing meets enterprise architecture, information assurance, Section 508 and other functional and non-functional requirements.
- Scope includes automated and manual product integration, system, usability, and acceptance testing.
- Identifies and brings program issues, risks and alternative solutions to higher management attention; resolves issues.
- Reviews status with higher management.
- Develops and maintains a working environment that fosters professional growth for team members as well as good relationships with customers, and suppliers.
- Minimum 5 years system/software testing practitioner experience.
- Preference to candidates with Securities Exchange Commission or Treasury experience
- Proficiency with XML and Oracle
- Demonstrated oral/written communications and client facing skills.
- Experience using Serena testing tools.
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline. 8+ Years with HS or 4+ Years with AA or 2+ Years with BS
U.S. Citizenship required