- McLean, VA
K3 Solutions, LLC (K3) is a leading technical solutions and services company, that offers a broad range of expertise in systems modernization efforts, applications support, and business process management services. Our collaborative approach, innovative solutions, and focus on adding value provides our clients with a cost-effective path to addressing, managing, and achieving all of their mission objectives and business goals.
Participates in the development and implementation of Cloudera Hadoop environment, often using new technologies and database design work. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. May manage one moderately complex project and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
- Administer and support Hadoop clusters (including HBase)
- Analyze system and application architecture to ensure that all functional and nonfunctional requirements are met.
- Evaluate and select tools and technologies needed for efficient support of the systems
- Automate common maintenance, installation jobs
- Monitor cluster job performance and capacity planning
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that applications are properly tested, configured, and deployed
- Adapt configuration management tools for the needs of the Operations teams
- Experience with performance data driven DB testing and simulation
- High Availability Database and HDFS Cluster experience
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop architecture and administration and support
- Strong working knowledge of Hadoop 1.0, HBase,
- Proficient in Red Hat Linux
- Proficient in Python, Ruby, Map-Reduce, Perl, and shell scripting
- Strong knowledge of networking
- Willing to work a second and/or third shift (which might include weekends)
- Preferred: Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop CCAH (CDH3
- BS degree in computer Science or related work experience
- 2-5 years of relevant working experience
US citizenship required.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.